The Project

Where then?

Like I said, if Nine or Seven wanted a show like The Project they would have done their own by now.

1 Like

As I said above 5:00-6:00, 4:30-5:30, 8:30-9:30, 9:00-10:00.

It is hard for networks to create that brand. Something like The Project has already created that reputation. its a risk to create a new brand like that.

2 Likes

Hmm I still think if 10 were hypothetically offered the chance to have ACA (and it’s ratings) in place of The Project, they’d dump The Project in a heart beat.

No way. They definitely wouldn’t do that. ACA is not the 10 brand. The project is often more successful in 10s demographic Than ACA

3 Likes

Of course they would. 800,000 guaranteed viewers each night compared to sub 400,000 most nights. It’s a no brainer.

The Project is only still on air cause they have nothing else. 20 years ago it would have been axed ages before now. The numbers are unacceptable. Demos and social interaction (I still don’t think it even has that but anyway) or not. Not even Studio 10 is as far behind to its competitors as The Project is to 7/9 News and ACA.

I could guarantee you if ACA was on 10, it wouldn’t be getting the numbers that it currently does on Nine.

5 Likes

I said hypothetically.

Based on past experience they had Hinch after he was on Seven but he flopped on Ten.

1 Like

Was it considered a flop? I think from memory it wasn’t doing too badly (700k a night) and was a victim of reshuffles and Alan Jones? I could be wrong.

They would need The Simpsons back

1 Like

Exactly. Ten has a lower viewership base than Seven/Nine overall, probably due to a lack of premium sports coverage + there being segments of the population (particularly older viewers) who just don’t watch the network at all because most of their primetime shows aren’t relevant to them.

Honestly, just about all Ten’s primetime reality shows would probably get an extra 200-300k metro viewers if screened on one of “the big two” instead. I’d even go as far as saying the major flop that was Making It (which probably wasn’t suited to Ten’s target demographic) probably would’ve become a moderately successful format if shown on Seven or Nine!

5 Likes

You are talking total people though. 10 have constantly said they chase the demos. The project normally does better in this than ACA or on par. So it’s not the no brainer you think.

2 Likes

Doesn’t have to be an hour, I actually preferred it running for 30 mins - more zippy and get to the point.

2 Likes

Friday (29.10.2021): Dr Chris Brown is co-hosting with Lisa tonight.

2 Likes

3 Likes

the CEO of Atlassin is the 4th person on the desk tonight. :thinking:

1 Like

Ironically interviewed today in the Herald by Lisa’s husband.

Cue the outrage from News and Sky. Project doing a climate crisis special. It’s so refreshing to have a left leaning program on tv. Everything is so slanted to the right in this country. It’s a disaster.

4 Likes

Don’t understand why a guy who developed a software company with his mate is the leading voice on climate change? It’s like having Bill Gates on to talk about vaccines… oh.

Except it’s nothing like each other :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: