The Project

A very right wing publication in the daily mail dealing in speculation about a left wing show.

The show is very in brand for 10. It’s used to cross promote and have a conversation with the audience. If they got rid of it nothing they put in that hour would ever work at all.

Perhaps Roving has them over a barrel. That’s the networks fault for negotiating a rubbish deal. You wonder why they don’t buy the format rights and produce it themselves in house.

1 Like

The point about The Project able to use 10’s news resources… Why on earth would you not have that in place? Would be impossible to run a current affairs show without some of the news resources I would’ve thought. Paying a fee to the production company for them to then buy content off 10 again would obviously be a silly arrangement.

So - a made-up point, a whole lot of speculating about presenters’ salaries without any facts and then the classic ‘woke leftist agenda’ line to pad it out… Classic Dailymail BS article.

2 Likes

I was of the understanding The Project was brought in house at 10 a while back and they were simply paying Roving Enterprises for the format rights, isn’t that what has been reported previously?

Yes I thought the same but perhaps that’s changed again. Not too sure.

As has been mentioned before, the news department doesn’t fund The Project.

I never said it did.

I’m saying money saved from not having The Project could be redirected to the news department.

It’s like saying that axing Making It means they can instead invest it into news. It wouldn’t happen.

You do know about budget relocation right? Of course something like that can happen.

1 Like
1 Like

Ridiculous speculation about The Project being axed. It’s still often the highest rating show on the network on some nights.

4 Likes

That says a lot about 10 in general doesn’t it.

2 Likes

Same could be said for news or current affairs on any network, often the highest rating show of the night. 10 is comfortably the third and sometimes fourth placed network, that won’t change.

What are they waiting for?

The rise in stock price so they can offload the bad investment. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

If 10 ever got rid of the project you would see networks jump at the brand. It might not be the ratings powerhouse but it generates conversation and is a 10 brand. There is a lot more to the project than those figures that come out at 9am. 10 wouldn’t have this show if it wasn’t making them money.

3 Likes

Need to check out the demos not the total people. It always does well with the 16-54 age group. It also has a good social media presence and can be used as a vehicle for one off specials when required.

4 Likes

I seriously doubt they would even consider it for one second.

A) where would they put it cause they sure wouldn’t give up their 1 million viewers ratings at 6pm and definitely wouldn’t give up ACA or Home and Away for it.

B) it rates absolute shit house.

I don’t think it generates as much talk as what you think. I never see anything about it or hear no one talk about it.

It has been widely reported that 9 wanted a show like The Project.

I don’t know one person who doesn’t know The Project and the brand. It is clear from the amount of logie wins to viral videos all over the world it is a popular and talked about show.

3 Likes

If that was true they would have created one by now.

There’s simply no room and the current 6-7:30pm block has them sitting comfortably every night.

Who says the show needs to go in the 6-7:30 timeslot?

Nine could have looked at it for 9:00-10:00
5:00-6:00
8:30-9:30.