The Project

Rae Johnston joins Peter van Onselen, Lisa Wilkinson and Claire Hooper. Good to see some new blood on the panel. They need to have more newbies for different opinions.

7 Likes

The show is getting worse and worse by the day; jokes falling flat, fake laughs, uninformed side comments, gaffes all over the place. And a general feeling that the hosts are phoning it in.

Needs a relaunch and some tough casting decisions. I think Carrie, walleed, tommy and Claire should be boned. Rachel, Susie, Georgi, Steve promoted. Andy Lee brought on and more new people trialed.

Sun& fri: Susie, Pvo, Lisa, Andy
Mon-th: Pete, georgi, Rachel + guest

1 Like

and bring back Meshel Laurie!

3 Likes

Meshel is tainted and off brand.

They do best when they do it seriously, get rid of the joke guy doing fart jokes and focus on storytelling and special features. Use Lisa to do special reports, be more newsy. The lighter stuff has always been the downside of the show.

I’d maybe look at making Lisa host with Waleed and move Carrie along to Sundays or special reports do she can focus on her radio career. You need the same hosts 5 nights a week.

2 Likes

Some really strange suggestions there. I find Rachel becoming more and more unbearable. Andy Lee struggled.

Susie is hit and miss in my opinion. Claire can be hit and miss but she’s only there because Pete is making his comedy series at the moments.

Carrie and Waleed are still huge drawcards.

4 Likes

For me Bickmore, Aly, Helliar and Price are the best panel. Most of the others are annoying.

4 Likes

Sounds like you need to stop watching. You have been complaining for a long time.

2 Likes

Thursday (04.03.2021): Lisa hosting via satellite from Sydney. Hugh Riminton, Claire Hooper and Jo Stanley on the desk in Melbourne tonight.

Missed opportunity not to use Gorgi tonight though, IMO.

4 Likes

Interesting that they’d send Hugh to Melbourne, but have Lisa in Sydney?

4 Likes

Gorgi is not on the show this week,it seems she is only on the show when Lisa is away.
I prefer Gorgi hosting than Lisa but maybe Gorgi is busy with her business commitments.

4 Likes

So, Lisa does special reports and hosts Thursday, Friday and Sunday?

1 Like

As always. Also fills in for Carrie when she goes on holidays.

2 Likes

Tuesday 9 March & Wednesday 10 March-

Hugh Riminton is filling in for Waleed.

4 Likes

Gorgi is back on Thursday night this week.

3 Likes

No one makes me reach for the remote faster than Lisa Wilkinson. Carrie runs rings around her.

Susie is always a great addition to the desk. IMO Claire is out of her depth. Liz Ellis once again shown last night.

1 Like

I have never been a huge fan of Claire. I have even seen her live at the fringe festival thinking she would be funnier. But it turned out to be her talking about how she knew someone who raped someone. And wasn’t funny at all. Which would have been fine if I knew what I was going in to watch. But I do actually think this show suits her just not in the comedy role.

5 Likes

I wonder if Andy Lee will be on the panel on Wednesdays only, until the current season of The Cube finishes?

3 Likes

Thursday 11 March-

Chris Brown is hosting with Gorgi Coghlan, Claire Hooper and Courtney Act tonight.

4 Likes

Well that’s a mixed bag

1 Like