The Project

not the Daily Mail but it’s started…

https://twitter.com/rob_mcknight/status/1598096656742092800?s=20&t=swSa4g38Sd4ub4-dOWrBsQ

Good to see Media Spy being used as a content farm for supposed ‘journalists’.

3 Likes

i only saw the headline, I hadn’t listened to the podcast (I’m not a big fan of podcasts overall but that’s just me) What did they say from MS?

I’m disappointed Meshel wasn’t there.

As if she was going to be there after she bagged the producers of the show,

They couldn’t have every guest co-host or panelist from the past 13 years. They basically invited the longest running ones and those Carrie was closest to.

3 Likes

Was weird they only put Kate in the ad break too.

And Waleed made mention of Ruby Rose last night on the show, sayimg she was tbere at the beginning. He made a joke saying she was a long running member of the show and was sorry she couldn’t come in and say her farewells to Carrie.

hardly surprising though

I think Rove made a passing reference to James Mathison, too

1 Like

Gorgi Coghlan notably absent too.

im pretty sure she would be busy helping run a hotel

If we’re going to start that game we’ll be here all week. Dr Chris Brown, Andrew Rochford, Susie Youssef, even Andrew Bolt. There were many, many other regulars over 13 years.

4 Likes

I guess the mentions of James Matheson and Ruby Rose were a bit of an in-joke because they were there from the start and appeared in all the early publicity for the show but didn’t last long as regulars. The intention was that they would be long term regulars but the format was just not so suitable for some.

on The Project?? Goodness how did that happen?!?

Steve Price pretty much replaced Andrew Bolt as a regular. The intention from the start was to have opinions from all sides of politics. Back then, Bolt was actually not so right wing nut job as he became when he joined Sky News. He was conservative but open to progress. He often had robust conversations with Charlie Pickering without being extreme.

4 Likes

Wow, I have literally no memory of that at all :open_mouth:

My understanding the majority of in person guests last night were there at their own expense.

1 Like

Which is why Lisa wasn’t there :wink:

3 Likes

It wasn’t long. I think it was very early on in 2010/11.

Don’t forget PvO :melting_face:

And just like any workplace (and in here) there are people you like, and people you do not like…no need to fake it and say things you do not mean …

1 Like