The Project

Unless it’s a 7pm current affairs show for 7? Their upfronts are in two weeks. Home and Away needs to go. Maybe they finally agree?

1 Like

I know nothing about the workings at The Project, but “spending more time with the family” I suspect means it isn’t entirely a voluntary exit.

But in any case, no matter the reason why, 13 years is an outstanding run on television so that’s a great achievement.

11 Likes

This is pretty big news. I would say Sarah needs to replace her, surely? If not surely the show is on its last legs?

I reckon we will see her pop up somewhere……. ACA from Melbourne… perfect slot for her?

1 Like

Not ACA according to The Guardian.

She did not reveal what her plans are but sources say it will not be to take over from Tracy Grimshaw on Nine’s A Current Affair.

4 Likes

I would think Georgia Tunny would be a frontrunner

4 Likes

I think Ally all but has ACA, from what I have heard… which means there is either an opening at Today, or an opening at Today Extra if Sylvia moves to Today.

1 Like

Agree… and I can’t see Sarah or Lisa moving to Melbourne.

1 Like

This would mean that she needs to Move to Sydney though…. A big thing to do with young children and uprooting them from friends, school and family in Melbourne

Also don’t forget she has a radio show as well…

Sarah Harris would be a natural fit on the Project. And Carrie on Today with Karl would be a hoot… possible Sunrise beater.

Hopefully Wally will leave the project next.

3 Likes

Hate to say it but I hope not. Would really send the show in a bad direction.

1 Like

If Carrie were to host ACA, I think she will have to cut back her hours on the Hit Network drive show, or leave the show entirely. The 6pm finish for Carrie and Tommy means she will have little time to prepare for ACA at 7pm.

Both Tristan and Sarah were missing from Studio 10 this morning. Maybe a bunch of Ten’s personalities got called into the office today?

2 Likes

Why? She manages The Project which is on at 6:30pm and has to record voiceovers, stories etc. ACA is on at 7pm and she would appear for roughly 3 minutes during the whole program.

She finishes the radio show at 5pm.

2 Likes

She only manages on The Project because they built a studio in the 10 offices for her to be able to do her show.

In regards to being on screen for only 3 mins… there’s more to hosting a TV show then rocking up and reading a script mate.

4 Likes

For most shows, I’m sure there is. Most of the time ACA is just prerecorded stories that Tracy has to introduce. Apart from the odd interview every few months, it can’t take that long to prep for ACA.

Anyway, I don’t think Carrie’s going to ACA anyway. It’s not enough of a new challenge like she alluded to.

2 Likes

Nova does a radio show in the same slot from different cities.

But agreed ACA would be less disruptive. Carrie’s not necessarily against moving the family though, she temporarily relocated them for and extended holiday earlier this year.

Can’t wait for the news.com.au article “Host QUITS show LIVE ON AIR” :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

Please let Sarah Harris get the gig! She would be fantastic.

4 Likes

How so? I don’t think she’s a negative for the show

Sarah Harris would be ideal, like many others have suggested in here for some time.

If she wants to stay at the lowly rated Studio 10 for some reason, then id have Georgie Tunny host to five nights a week.

1 Like