The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

I completely disagree with this. Infact, I would argue for a permanent 4th panelist, with a defined role (eg. the “sports guy”). I think for that timeslot, people want a consistency and reliability in what they will get each night.

If Ten want this to be their primetime news platform, then give viewers what they want. It can still be news delivered differently, framed differently, but based on traditional roles.

That’s my 2 cents.

I couldn’t agree less. Sport is part of the regular news bulletin. That’s enough. They do entertainment and interviews which makes them different to a traditional news bulletin.

2 Likes

Plus sports does get discussed in quite some detail. Both Waleed and Pete are quite big sports fans.

2 Likes

Gretel is the best fourth panellist.

12 Likes

I neglected to mention her, but yes she is great. Fifi, Meshel, Fitzy and Rachael don’t really add a lot of diversity or different opinions that I think the 4th chair needs. Maybe it’s a age thing perhaps?

2 Likes

They don’t add, they subtract.

It’s Rachael, Fifi and Lehmo who I would not miss.

1 Like

Lisa’s first show with Waleed, Carrie and Pete tonight .

5 Likes

As expected, Lisa is the fourth panelist which explains why Fitzy was seen on a Wednesday.

So will Lisa be the fourth panelist on Friday too or will she host?

1 Like

She is co-hosting with Waleed Gorgi is the fourth panellist.

4 Likes

What’s all this supposed ‘tension’ between Lisa and Carrie?

I call bullshit.

Tonight looked nothing less than a genuine warm welcome. And why not, Carrie’s position is the same and Lisa is happy to he there (prime-time, bigger ratings and gets more freedom / interviews / etc).

Should be the other way around. Awkward. I wouldn’t be overly happy if I was Gorgi, hope she is given more roles or of not scooped up by another network.

1 Like

Given that it’s not nice to be replaced, or bumped if you will but Friday nights ratings are terrible and have been for some time.

They’d be stupid if they didn’t attempt to try and turn that around by putting their big name star recruit front and centre of the show, you can’t blame them for trying.

The good part is that Gorgi remains part of the show and they’ve publicly commented that they are committed to keeping her as an integral part of The Project.

5 Likes

So Georgie relegated to 4th panelist after years of hosting. Ten, you could have handled that better. At least put her on a night with Carrie. Looks bad.

To say nothing of putting your number one shiny new star on Friday nights. C’mon.

7 Likes

No love lost between Gorgi & Lisa

7 Likes

Not saying there is. But it LOOKS very questionable to loyal viewers.

2 Likes

Wasn’t saying you did, I agree that it could appear that way to the general public especially if they’re a regular or particular fan of Gorgi’s but per my post above I also see why they’ve made that decision and seemingly it appears all is well between them.

I saw the social media posts earlier and yes obviously all is good between the ladies.
But watching them tonight it just doesn’t look right having Gorgi working with Lisa,regular viewers on a Friday night will also think oh she is sitting next to the person who has replaced her that would be awkward.
Agree with @JosShoulderPads would have been better to put Gorgi on another night.

3 Likes

But maybe that’s the only night she can do or the other panelists can only do the nigjts they’re on. I think we’ll get used to it. I imagine Georgi will still do the fill-in as host at other times.

1 Like

Disagree, that would draw more attention to the fact Gorgi is no longer hosting and why? What’s to say she wasn’t happy to accept the guest host position on her usual Friday nights and to work with Lisa? What’s to say she wouldn’t end up working together on another night and still be in the same chair. She presented/voiced a story tonight so hopefully they give her enough opportunities to make more of a contribution to the show.

Someone posted here last week l think that Lisa said she is also the fill in for Waleed and Carrie.