The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

I have relatives who would be of that theory and it does my head in. I’m perfectly OK if they don’t like someone but at least have a reason for doing so. Rabidly disliking someone “just because” doesn’t cut it.

5 Likes

It is harsh. She does get emotional but that makes her human. Nothing worse than a presenter who shows no emotion for the stories they are presenting or an interview they are conducting.

2 Likes

Carrie’s husband Greg Lange passed away from brain cancer in 2010. So she may have cried because she was receiving a whole lot of backlash for something far from her intention, but also recognising a cause she holds very close.

2 Likes

That has the connotation that she deliberately does it, which I don’t think is the case at all.

3 Likes

Some people are more prone to cry, others like Steve Price - yell.

1 Like

I know, I didn’t think you were trolling don’t worry.

I just hate that phrase :slight_smile:

1 Like

The problem isn’t the colour or ethnical appearance of Waleed, it’s the content of his character. He has said some stupid things before.

1 Like

Such as?

2 Likes

I couldn’t remember, but they aren’t big enough to blame him for tens demise, but are enough for people not to like him.

1 Like

Well your supposed argument is about things he said in the past that are stupid and have made people question him as a host or his character on the project.
Fine but since you “can’t remember” there’s no point in engaging in a discussion on this.

1 Like

I’m not saying that his editorials are bad, in fact he’s really good at them. All I’m saying is that there has been instances where he has said stuff that I, and others don’t agree with. Unlike me, people overreact to some of his comments and form an opinion based on the one comment. We all say stupid things from time to time.

Yeah and list what he said is what I’m saying . Your argument is mute point if you can’t back up your claim that he has said things to annoy you or other Australians.

2 Likes

Oh yeah, cause I’m going to remember every little thing he’s said. As I said, we all say stupid things from time to time. And this is one of them.

All I’m saying is that people hate him for little things. Therefore not worth remembering. You could say they are hating him for unnecessary things.

2 Likes

Most people would hate Him because he’s Muslim and some people are just plain racists. The others hate him bewcuse they’re right wing nut jobs

11 Likes

Could of been said more nicely, but yeah thats the broader reason

Steve Price is on the panel tonight.

2 Likes

Steve Price doesn’t yell at all. He is yelled at! Every “controversy” I’ve seen he has stayed amazingly cool. :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Like - I’m paraphrasing - let’s all feel compassion and forgiveness for Sonia Kruger because she’s so vile and dumb as to express a fear of Islamic terrorists running over people in more terrorist attacks. Want another one? How about there is no link between refugees and terrorism - and that it’s just as pertinent to say there is a link between males and terrorism.

When you say “most people would hate him because he’s Muslim”, that’s a racist comment against Australians, in my opinion. I would also give the public more credit than you do - Australians are very tolerant and have embraced Muslims, including Waleed Aly. For example, he won the Gold Logie. However, by the same token, Australians are not fools and can spot a bullshitter. They can see through his many “arguments” - such as his analysis every time there is a terrorist attack.

1 Like

Fake news!

He didn’t say anything like that and you act like they’re his quotes. I notice you went back and added “I’m paraphrasing” because you know he said nothing like that.

Firstly, he came out and defended Sonia Kruger when she made her comments because he understood she made them put of fear. He did not disparage her in the way you suggest at all.

Secondly, in regards to refugees and terrorism, the discussion on the show was about the comments the head of ASIO made in that regard when questioned by Pauline Hanson. Those were not his comments.

And finally, if you think there is no racism towards Muslims, then you’re kidding yourself. Mostly this comes from ignorance and the act is many people who are racist probably never come in contact with Muslim people or only see someone dressied differently in the street and form opinions on what they might have seen on the news or social media. We have proof above from someone who felt that way anout Waleed before he even got know him but after hearing him speak has changed his opinion.

9 Likes

[quote=“JBar, post:916, topic:160, full:true”]Fake news!

He didn’t say anything like that and you act like they’re his quotes. I notice you went back and added “I’m paraphrasing” because you know he said nothing like that.[/quote]
Oh dear. I said I’m paraphrasing because I’m paraphrasing. Complex concept, I know. Not sure where I act like he said that. I said I’m paraphrasing. Hence… never mind.

Ummmm, okayyy? If that’s how you see it, you can go with that. I won’t stop you…

[quote]Secondly, in regards to refugees and terrorism, the discussion on the show was about the comments the head of ASIO made in that regard when questioned by Pauline Hanson. Those were not his comments.
[/quote]
Uhh, and yes, I realise that. And if you watched the interview, you would know that Waleed argued strenuously and painfully FOR the comments and against all of Steve Price’s reasoning against the ASIO boss’s comments.

Fake fake news!!