The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

Was it boring having Charlie Pickering, Carrie Bickmore and Dave Hughes on together most nights?

2 Likes

They always had a fourth panellist. I’m saying having ONLY three same people every day would be boring. They need a fourth.

3 Likes

I agree. I like having a rotating fourth panelist. They must have done some sort of screening and results suggested the viewers liked consistency? Which kind of goes against the current trend of different hosts most nights, which has been rating a lot better. I actually now a lot of viewers have been turned off because of Tommy Little lately because his humour is so repetitive and he is on so often. So that also suggests that viewers don’t want the same comedian every night in that Pete chair.

I thought Nazeem was great the other night.

5 Likes

What ever happened to Lisa’s prime time news show?

Wasn’t that just speculation ? But I do remember reading it somewhere

1 Like

Sure they announced it 2-3 years ago when she came over to 10 “prime time affairs show” other than project and ambulance. She’s not done anything else in Prime, right?

1 Like

Not quite.

Per the statement from 10, she joined the network in a senior hosting and editorial role.

Part of that was hosting The Sunday Project and The Project.

It also said, “Further collaborations between Lisa and Network Ten will be announced in coming months”.

Anything else was purely speculative.

6 Likes

Carrie is returning from holidays on Monday.

5 Likes

Sunday 19 January-

Peter van Onselen hosting with Lisa, Joel Creasey and Rachel Corbett.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Coming from Sydney?

Yeh. As it did last week. I think the first week back came from Melbourne.

4 Likes

This week:
Monday to Wednesday-
Peter van Onselen will be hosting with Carrie.

Thursday & Friday-
Marc Fennell will be hosting with Lisa Wilkinson.

6 Likes

Am I the only one that finds PVO quite average as a fill-in? I assume he will be the number 1 back up but honestly he is so wooden. He is a brilliant commentator and political repprter though.

1 Like

He’s okay, but give him and Hugh a 30 min political opinion show for the weekends which could be pre-recorded from the soft set in Sydney and would be an extension of their Professor & Hack podcast.

2 Likes

Liz Ellis is on the panel tonight.

Somewhat off topic, but is Marc still going to be hosting The Feed on SBS this year? Or has he left like Jeanette “Jan Fran” Francis & Patrick Abboud (who incidentally, have both made appearances on The Project in the past if I’m not mistaken) have?

1 Like

With Pete and Tommy on Wednesday.

2 Likes

According to his Twitter feed, yes.

1 Like

Friday 24 January-

Marc Fennell hosting with Lisa, Joel Creasey and Sarrah Le Marquand.

2 Likes