The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

Maybe because the Sydney set looks different. Brighter. Cleaner.

or maybe cause they’re all the same age?

Well, 34, 37, 37, 43.

Lisa’s interview with The Eagles was a ripper.

4 Likes

4 Likes

and Hamish’s burn on Sarah :rofl:

1 Like

He has got better people than Sarah to see the concert with… :zipper_mouth_face:

1 Like

Hamish and Sarah are bound to be paired together… whether that be breakfast television, late news or permanently on The Sunday Project; great chemistry.

1 Like

I would bet Hamish and Lisa. Sarah’s great too but Hamish and Lisa work really well together.

1 Like

Late News with Hamish MacDonald return?!

4 Likes

Why constantly speculate about new news programs when they are no plans for any?

6 Likes

He was a fizzer and barely bothered to turn up when he had the Late News gig. Why would Ten be stupid enough to give it to him again?
It should have invested its time and money into Matt Doran instead.

4 Likes

Wasn’t that because he was filming his series for Ten at the time?

For a short period of time.

I actually havnt seen matt doran on 7 for a while now?

He’s still working for Sunday Night I think. Be a good time to jump from that sinking Titanic called Seven and move back to a resurgent Ten.

3 Likes

LOL. Evidence?

Nine beat Seven last week for only the fourth time this year thanks to the NRL grand final and lack of AFL. Ten still way behind both.

2 Likes

On paper it looks like Seven is winning a lot. But a few things to consider (but won’t ramble on for too long since this is the Project thread):

• Seven doesn’t seem to even bother with programming decent content anymore (and even when they try, the result is usually nasty).
  • So much cost-cutting, letting go of high profile people like Jennifer Keyte
  • Lacklustre ratings for the AFL Grand Final even though they’ve saved up for that.
  • Over reliance on Fox in sports (AFL, Cricket) which made them bleed money because none of the events is exclusive.
  • Can’t even get their shit together because of failed investments, lack of strategy (particularly in the 2nd half), and poor management.
  • Failure to rejuvenate and treat their top programs like shit which has resulted in DWTS and X Factor dying off.

Sure, Ten might still be a third rating network but at least they’re trying which means that someday they’ll have success. Some of the content they produce resonate very well (Masterchef, HYPBA, Survivor, Bachelor, Gogglebox, The Project), others play out ok (Coight, IACGMOH, Shark Tank). Seven, on the other hand, has a good first half (even that is cracking) and an appalling second half of the year, whereas Nine and Ten have a fairly stable year as far as programming is concerned even if their programs aren’t always No.1.

All I’m saying is, as much as Seven is winning right now, you can’t put it past the fact that Seven is fast becoming what Ten became a few years ago with poor programming, bad decisions and cost-cutting. I would personally say Ten is more financially stable and their production qualities are better than Seven. I wouldn’t put it past the fact that many ex-Ten employees who work on other networks make a return to the new Ten.

Be interested to hear what others think.

2 Likes

You’re entitled to your opinion but when it all comes down to it, Seven still wins most weeks. If it seems like they aren’t programming decent content right now it probably has everything to do with thinking they have won the year again and don’t need to make an effort.

2 Likes

I wholeheartedly agree. All networks give up when they win the year. That sort of attitude needs changing and with Ten prepping to become more competitive the others will sooner or later have to change as well.

2 Likes