The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

James Mathison is scheduled for Monday’s show.

2 Likes

I know that Gorgi usually hosts on Fridays, but I like it when she hosts the show on multiple nights of the week. I still think that she is more of a natural and better host than Carrie. Don’t get me wrong - I like Carrie, but for some reason, like Gorgi more.

My two cents worth there. Not much use for anyone else. lol.

2 Likes

[quote=“yellow_sock, post:245, topic:160”]
… I still think that she is more of a natural and better host than Carrie. Don’t get me wrong - I like Carrie, but for some reason, like Gorgi more.
[/quote] I agree. Carrie is very talented and is a good host but I too prefer Gorgi more. I usually like watching Fridays for this reason as well as Friday panelist Meshel Laurie. In fact The Project usually gather a great group of fourth panelists.

2 Likes

I’m happy the way it is.

1 Like

The Project in Sydney tonight

1 Like

The Project always sparkles from Sydney. Vote #1 local version pronto.

5 Likes

Are they new(ish) graphics and effects during the ‘Going Global’ segment tonight? Can’t say I’ve noticed them before.

1 Like

If Sydney had a local version of The Project, I’d probably watch it all the time! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ten should seriously consider local versions for all 5 cities. It would be worth the cost to finally bring this show into mainstream.

3 Likes

But it could be quite costly for Ten, although it would be a very interesting idea if it did come to be.

3 Likes

Extremely costly and completely unnecessary. I can’t believe people would suggest that when they often also suggest that network television has no future. :rolling_eyes: I think in future you’ll be seeing more national programs and less local versions of everything on television.

4 Likes

Ten have never really been local to their respective markets. They can’t even do local weekend news which would be much cheaper than 5 versions of the project

6 Likes

Jeff Goldblum was all sorts of awkward and strange. Liam Hemsworth was so comfortable and natural in comparison.

I didn’t think that at all, he seems like an eccentric guy but engaged well with the panel I thought.

1 Like

He did eventually but they had to coax everything out of him. A credit to their ability to do so.

[quote=“JosShoulderPads, post:250, topic:160, full:true”]
The Project always sparkles from Sydney. Vote #1 local version pronto.
[/quote] Almost love the Sydney set as much as their permanent Melbourne one. The quality and lighting is much better too. However, I agree with @JBar a local edition of The Project is seriously unnecessary, even if they were in a more prosperous financial position.

Looking at the encore, I can notice something is different, but couldn’t quite put my finger on it. I think the transitions and motions may have been tweaked a bit?

Good to see The Project are still using Fitzy while he’s contracted to Nine for 20 to 1.

5 Likes

Fitzy is getting around these days, with appearances on Ten, Nine and Fox Sports as well as his radio show on Nova.

3 Likes