The Project (2015-Sept 2020)

Yeh. As it did last week. I think the first week back came from Melbourne.

4 Likes

This week:
Monday to Wednesday-
Peter van Onselen will be hosting with Carrie.

Thursday & Friday-
Marc Fennell will be hosting with Lisa Wilkinson.

6 Likes

Am I the only one that finds PVO quite average as a fill-in? I assume he will be the number 1 back up but honestly he is so wooden. He is a brilliant commentator and political repprter though.

1 Like

He’s okay, but give him and Hugh a 30 min political opinion show for the weekends which could be pre-recorded from the soft set in Sydney and would be an extension of their Professor & Hack podcast.

2 Likes

Liz Ellis is on the panel tonight.

Somewhat off topic, but is Marc still going to be hosting The Feed on SBS this year? Or has he left like Jeanette “Jan Fran” Francis & Patrick Abboud (who incidentally, have both made appearances on The Project in the past if I’m not mistaken) have?

1 Like

With Pete and Tommy on Wednesday.

2 Likes

According to his Twitter feed, yes.

1 Like

Friday 24 January-

Marc Fennell hosting with Lisa, Joel Creasey and Sarrah Le Marquand.

2 Likes

Bit of an error here at 1:19 tonight.

Also, I’ve said this before but it really annoys me when Lisa or whoever says “we’ll have to leave it there”. Surely there are so many nicer ways to conclude an interview, it’s not like it went for very long or he was banging on either.

Am I the only one who has quite enjoyed Marc Fennell hosting? Wouldn’t mind him replacing Hamish on The Sunday Project. He’s quite refreshing IMO

3 Likes

Caps from tonight

4 Likes

Wouldn’t be a bad choice but probably unlikely given he’s also hosting The Feed on SBS. It looks like 10 wants their presenters exclusively (which is probably why Chris Bath and Hugh Riminton left ABC Radio while Hamish is dropping to guest due to Q&A) so unless Marc leaves SBS it’s probably unlikely.

My bet for Sunday Project is Tom Tilley or (fingers crossed) Gorgi Coghlan hosting with Lisa.

3 Likes

Yes. It’s like they always run out of time for every interview. She could have just said “We’ll be watching on Sunday morning. Thanks Paul.”

2 Likes

I was going to say the same thing. Personally, I would like to see Rachel Corbett do Sundays with Lisa from Sydney. But, out of all of those that they’ve trialled recently, Marc has been my favourite.

I find him a bit too green sometimes. I think Peter Van Onselen was great.

1 Like
3 Likes

Sunday 26 January-

Peter van Onselen will be hosting with Lisa, Tommy Little and Rachel Corbett.

Next week:
Monday 27 January to Wednesday 29 January-

Peter van Onselen will be hosting with Carrie.

Thursday 30 January & Friday 31 January-

Peter van Onselen will be hosting with Lisa.

4 Likes

I’m not sure if this explains the consistency plan more:

Waleed is reporting from the UK.

3 Likes