The NCIS metaverse

Question is, where is the money coming from, which territory? That should answer the question.

Speaking of…

3 Likes

looking at This 2017 Variety article on the purchase of 10 by CBS and the first line: Is it time for “NCIS:Sydney”?

3 Likes

Well you’d think that using Australian funding and being aired on the ABC, you know the Australian broadcaster using Australian taxpayer money that should be enough to warrant having an Australian cast.

I’m sure it would be very easy to mandate to have all Australian actors, they seem to manage it when it comes to diversity quotas.

They all benefit from Australian tax breaks and usually government backed assistance in some form, so largely the money is coming from Australia and Australians.

I don’t think it has anything to do with money financed (Troppo will only get made if Thomas Jane stars!) , just the misguided notion that people are drawn to known names and that they think this sells the show better internationally and gets people more excited here. It’s disheartening that Australian stories are being told via foreign actors.

CBS has revealed synopses for the first ever NCIS/NCIS: Hawai’i crossover (spoiler alert)

It is scheduled to air in America on March 28 and in Australia on March 29. Given NCIS: Hawai’i is currently only available on Paramount+, 10 may make an exception and air the entire crossover in place of NCIS: Los Angeles.

2 Likes

Crossover episodes

Tuesday 29 March
08:30 pm NCIS S19 E17
09:30 pm NCIS: Hawaii S01 E17

2 Likes

It is in fact NCIS: Hawai’i episode 18 (episode 17 is now available on P+).

1 Like

That’ll be the first episode of Hawaii I watch, see how we go.

1 Like

Polo is set to play Vivian Kolchak, Alden Parker’s (Gary Cole) ex-wife and former FBI agent.

The first season of NCIS: Hawai’i, which recently finished on Paramount+, will have its FTA screening on 10 on Sundays from June 5 after MasterChef. Two episodes have previously been shown: the pilot and the crossover episode with NCIS.

1 Like

The new seasons of NCIS and NCIS: Hawai’i will start with a two-part crossover event on September 19 on CBS. It will be the second crossover involving the two shows.

NCIS: Los Angeles doesn’t start its new season until October 9.

UPDATE 19/9: the new seasons of NCIS and NCIS Hawai’i will be streamed first on Paramount+ in Australia.

1 Like

Screen Australia has today announced the NCIS: SYDNEY S1 Script Department Program, a collaboration with Endemol Shine Australia (A Banijay company) and Paramount+ to offer up to five early-mid career screenwriters the opportunity to be embedded in the script department for the highly anticipated local iteration of the global franchise NCIS: SYDNEY S1.

The Aussiewood meets Hollywood initiative aims to provide Australian screenwriters with high-level training to further strengthen their career trajectory in scripted episodic storytelling.

3 Likes

Not only will we have to wait until mid October for new seasons of NCIS franchise, each episode of NCIS and NCIS: Hawaii will stream five days apart, which is inconvenient for fans, especially both shows air in America on the same night, and that the first episodes of the new seasons is a 2-part crossover.

1 Like

Did someone ask for a 3-way #NCISverse crossover? We’ve got you covered

1 Like

New series of NCIS premieres Tuesday 18 October 9:30 pm - encore Saturday night at 9:30pm as part of saturday Night Crime Time.

4 Likes

Season 2 of NCIS: Hawaii premieres on Sunday, October 23 at 9pm. The first episode is the conclusion of the crossover with NCIS (see above).

1 Like

Confirmed for 2 January 2023

2 Likes

What’s with the emoji they used, indifference?

It will be interesting if the crossover will air in Australia on Paramount+ first or on 10 first - 10 is yet to start the new season of NCIS: Los Angeles.

1 Like

The tribute to her will appear in an episode of the show in January, airing the week after a three-hour NCIS universe crossover event scheduled for January 2.

1 Like