The NCIS metaverse

My guess is that the original American series would really be pushing it way past reality for the amount of murders committed there. Probably nowhere near as many actually happening over there either.

2 Likes

Undoubtedly, I think it’s just a bit different watching it in your own backyard and if it was say Australians. Given its US personnel stationed in Australia there could really only be so many, and that many casualties would really start ringing alarm bells :joy:. But I digress, I enjoy the show for what it is.

1 Like

There is still a lot of scope for plots outside of murders. The seeds for future plots seemed to have been laid in the early episodes such as espionage and terrorism as well as the Us- Australian relationship.

4 Likes

It will be interesting to see where they go with all of it. Will watch every episode as I have with DC and NOLA, feel a bit like I do with Hawai’i with this one, couldn’t really get into that one too much so have only watched a few episodes here and there (just enough to know what’s roughly going on from a series perspective), really only watching this one because 1) there’s no new episodes of DC and 2) it’s Aussie.

Is this episode 1 again?

1 Like

Yes - a FTA preview

1 Like

As seen in the OG NCIS, even from relatively early seasons, eps could revolve around non-crime/investigative plots too, such as the team’s personal lives, etc and were often some of the best, memorable episodes.

From Gibbs’ wife and daughter, to OG assistant ME’s hostage situation and aftermath including Ducky, to Kate & Ari & Gibbs and that whole arc which spanned the series and that’s just S1 and S2 nearly 20 years ago now! Could go on and on and on…

1 Like

Please don’t. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Not everyone who dies has to be a current US navy member recent ep they can be ex and living in Australia.

2 Likes

Spoiler about episode 3’s ex-sailor:

Although they only got involved because of the Navy dive computer, so they didn’t know if it was current or former.

1 Like

Episode one is currently on 10play.
I didn’t see the broadcast so I’m not sure if they mentioned that or not.

2 Likes

Watched the first episode of NCIS: Sydney. It started off alright but ended up being really farfetched and too ridiculous.

1 Like

Just watched episode four. We learned more about Mackay’s past. It was a good episode.

1 Like

Pilot always is, give the rest a go.

2 Likes

This weeks episode is… not off to a good start.

1 Like

Yeah turned it off once they sent the rotary phone in.

I’m the opposite. I found this episode one of the best.

Same! Really enjoyed it.