The Morning Show

Looking back through the thread, the last time Kylie and Larry hosted together was Thursday June 9.

6 Likes

Voiceover by the announcer
to start TMS this morning (Sunday)ā€¦ is that because of the changjng hosts this weekā€¦

Studio 4 really isnā€™t that big. Its the smallest of the 4 studios.

Monday 27 June -

Kylie and Larry are back hosting together this morning.

Wednesday 29 June -

Matt Doran is hosting with Kylie.

8 Likes

At least they had a couple of days back hosting togetherā€¦

5 Likes

Thursday 30 June -

Sam Mac is hosting with Kylie today.

6 Likes

Itā€™s one thing for Larry and Kylie to away a lot lately but itā€™s another when they are inconsistent with who fills in.

7 Likes

Does it really matter who fills in for Larry and Kylie? I think itā€™s good to trial multiple combinations in case a situation arises where a host change needs to be made and youā€™ve got lots of options.

I guess this will be an ongoing issue as long as Larry remains on The Chase and it might be hard for the same one person to commit to filling in for Larry every week.

5 Likes

I like the variety in male guest hosts too.

Hans was great the other day with the Thor interviewā€¦ā€¦give him a go at hosting!

3 Likes

Friday 1 July-

PJ Lane is hosting with Kylie today.

6 Likes

Monday 4 July -

10am start today due to extended edition of Sunrise.

Kylie and Larry are back hosting together.

5 Likes

Why was there an extended edition of Sunrise? Iā€™m guessing Floods related?

3 Likes

Yes. One disadvantage that Seven have where Nine can run Today Extra and continue coverage at the same standard TMS canā€™t.

1 Like

Larry and Kylie are both more than capable of continuing coverage. Both have backgrounds in news reading and reporting.

6 Likes

I agree, but when have they been together on TV recently? I wouldnā€™t choose that Matty guy or Sam to present imo. Also, Today/Today Extra are basically the same branding so it makes it easier to carry over coverage than switching to another brand.

4 Likes

No reason TMS couldnā€™t adopt a similar look to Sunrise, god knows itā€™s fugly now.

6 Likes

Wednesday 20 July-

Sally Bowrey is hosting with Larry today.
Sally also read news on Sunrise this morning.

Kylie hosted on Sunrise this morning.

Thursday 21 July -

Matt Doran is hosting with Sally Bowrey.

Friday 22 July-

Kylie hosting with Sally Bowrey,
Kylie said first time all female Morning Show!

6 Likes

Friday 22 July
Kylie Gillies and Sally Bowrey hosting today.

5 Likes

Thatā€™s six hours straight for Kylie given she also co-hosted Sunrise today.

6 Likes