The Masked Singer

Andrew okeefe is a solid guess for the puppet, in the first episode there were a lot of law references.

1 Like

Still 90% sure the puppet is Simon the red wiggle. All the clues match him.

1 Like

Yesā€¦ but clearly Sydney studio space is limited and most crews and production staff are based in Melbourne and Sydney. Also, trying to enter QLD/SA or WA at the moment is almost impossible.

I donā€™t think Andrew Oā€™Keefe will be Puppet as he hosts The Chase on Seven.
One of the clues for Puppet mentions American author James Michener. One of his novels, South Pacific, was adopted into a popular musical. I think he could be Teddy Tahu Rhodes as he starred in the 2008 production of South Pacific in Australia.

Promo for tomorrowā€™s episode (shown tonight during HYBPA) hints at Kylie Minogue as one of the masked celebrity. I think she instead could be Kylie impersonator and radio host Lucy Holmes.

2 Likes

They have been able to get footballers and commentators to QLD over the last week or so. So it is possible. As for SA I am sure if it helps to create jobs (considering they have been hit hardest with unemployment) they would be up for it if they did the 2 weeks quarantine.

Frillneck? The South African flag and Rainbow flag clues from the first week fit.

The song he performed for Nelson Mandela could be linked to a movie he filmed in South Africa called Spud which takes place around the time of Mandela being released from prison in 1990. Or he could have performed it later as a tribute.

The clogs tonight I think might be a link to the hit single he had with Dutch DJ Martin Garrix: There For You.

2 Likes

Wow Troye Sivan is not someone Iā€™ve thought of. You could be onto something.

The puppet Iā€™m feeling Red Symons. There was a reference to early wake ups which could be his radio show and the personality seems to suit him too. They also keep focusing on how he weirds out Danni which makes me think itā€™s Red.

1 Like

Itā€™s been announced today Zac Efron has missed his flight back to LA and ā€œdecidedā€ to stay here longer. Hmm

3 Likes

Wonder where his flight was from

On Studio 10 they said he extended his visa from 3 to 12 months and that had been approved - did not want to go back to LA to the virus. He was living at Byron Bay where he put in an offer on a house but was outbid.

3 Likes

Wasnā€™t he spotted in Bondi last week? Apparently he has been keeping a low profile in Australia for ā€œpersonal reasonsā€. Iā€™m pretty sure heā€™s not on this season, none of the contestants or clues really lead me to him.

1 Like
1 Like

If Osher and the four judges all tested negative, it must be the crew members. Not sure about the celebrities taking part.

One of the Seven Networkā€™s highest profile stars? Iā€™m not so sure about that, since people of AOKā€™s calibre would likely have exclusivity clauses in their contracts!

Not always. Shane Crawford from Nine had permission to appear on Iā€™m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here on Ten.

Ivā€™e heard that network exclusive clauses are almost extinct in contracts these days, its something that had to be sacrificed as networks tighten their belts. and staff deliberately pick up work on other networks to make their employer nervous in contract renegotiations.
7 have been a bit relaxed with it anyway, David Koch appear on the footy show, Jenifer Hawkins and molly meldrum were all over the place when they were signed to 7.

1 Like

Maybe the Puppet is Eddie Mcguire then

LOL

Considering Andrew okeefe is in Sydney filming or about to film the chase I would be very surprised if puppet was him

1 Like

That problay doesnt leave ten much time to film, produce and edit the finalle

That also delays the start of filming of the Bachelorette with Osher needing to do a futher 14 day quarantine when he arrives in Sydney