The Masked Singer

Clues

1 Like

New clue:

Em Rusciano on IG stories today had a scratch on her face. She said it was her kid who did it but could it have been a prickly mask? :smirk:

Hope they have good insurance. Seems unsafe.

This year there will also be an online voting panel.

1 Like

Eventbrite is also organising the online panel.
According to the website, places have already been filled for the first four episodes (tomorrow - August 1, 3, 5 and 7). Applications are open for the remaining six episodes, which are on August 10,12,14,17,19 and 22.

TVT says no theatre audience, that’s been canned.

It was such a novel idea, to shoot The Masked Singer in Melbourne and have an audience voting at Riverside Parramatta … but now producers have cancelled plans for an online crowd.

Instead ticketed patrons have now been invited to log into a live Zoom session to watch and vote.

The good news is, ticketing and voting has now expanded to Australia wide.

TV Tonight understands the venue was unwilling to commit, given the changing nature of COVID in Sydney, leaving producers Warner Bros. Australia to scramble a back-up plan.
“We are looking for a team of Masked Singer SuperFans from across the country to participate in our exclusive ONLINE voting panel, all from the comfort of your own lounge room.”

The online SuperFan Voting Panel will help watch proceedings at 7pm on Saturday to help eliminate the first act from the singing show.

They must be halfway through filming this. Hopefully they get through before further restrictions are implemented.

They obviously aren’t as it says the online audience will help eliminate the first contestant tomorrow at 7pm.

2 Likes

Yeah it starts filming tomorrow. They’ve been in quarantine.

I reckon Sloth could be the big name person this year.

New clue

1 Like

Something fishy

Dannii Minogue confirms she has just finished her quarantine and is now in Melbourne for start of filming for season 2 today.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/celebrity/i-wouldnt-ask-for-special-treatment-dannii-minogue-hits-back-after-quarantine-backlash/news-story/5d9405a3b13d4554d4b6575d6ea5e5d8

1 Like

Will this curfew/lockdown affect filming? We know shows tend to go on late into the night.

They’ll get an exemption.

Couple of interesting points:
  • The Squared Division (who also assisted with 10’s production of So You Think You Can Dance) had come on board
  • Warner Bros films two shows in two days, takes a break, then does another two shows in two days etc until the series is completed. That means the virtual audience will not necessarily see the episode on the same day as it is filmed
1 Like

Speaking of that. I’ve been thinking about the clues for dragonfly and I reckon it could be Sharna Burgess. She was going to be the Bachelorette so assume theres some contract there now to fulfil and same company as DWTS

Also those legs in the promo

I believe she had returned to LA.

1 Like

When did she return? Because I am sure she was in Australia during the Black Lives Matters protests.

And there were pictures of her two weeks ago kissing her new boyfriend on Bondi Beach (which is why I am assuming she isn’t appearing on The Bachelorette).

2 Likes