The Masked Singer

Obviously the costume isnt finished yet or its too obvious.

I reckon Echidna could be Grant Denyer.

Or an actual child star? Could they be forced to look outside the box with all the travel restrictions maybe? Or maybe just someone who is quite short.

I thought this too. I know itā€™s early, but I think you might be on the money.

Itā€™ll be good cross promotion too seeing as heā€™s back hosting Family Feud later this year

1 Like

Another new clue for Cactus

On those clues I get Mayim Bialik, but no idea why she would do this show.

Have they started filming this week?

Well Jackie did the Kyle and Jackie O Show from Melbourne this morning so Iā€™d say its this week for sure.

Im gonna guess Em Rusciano

Sheā€™s literally just said no on her Insta stories tonight.

Guess it could still be a ruse though.

Sheā€™s not exactly going to say yes, is she? :crazy_face:

Live voting audience to be set up in Sydney. Free tickets available here for all 10 episodes:

Makes you genuinely wonder why they didnā€™t just do the whole thing from Sydney again this year?

2 Likes

How interestingā€¦ so theyā€™ll have just over a week to edit the first episode before it premieres

Very trueā€¦ my guess is they had already planned for production/crew to be in Melbourne. Although Thor has postponed filming at Fox Studios until next year, I havenā€™t heard anyone else using the studios either (The Voice built their own studio in Moorebank).

So Iā€™m guessing the show will just be projected on a screen and the audience will be watching the performances and voting?

The voting audience will be at Riverside Theatre in Parramatta as per Eventbrite website. All sessions are twilight (3.30pm-7.30pm) thus family-friendly.

1 Like

That is a great way of getting the audience still involved. What day does the session start? They probably wouldnā€™t need to show it live.

First session is this Saturday, August 1. The next nine sessions are August 3,5,7,10,12,14,17,19 and 22. I assume August 22 will be the recording of the grand final voting. I assume the audience will be shown advance footage filmed in Melbourne just days earlier, and vote accordingly.

1 Like

Youā€™re exactly right - though I imagine itā€™ll be filmed on the same day. Because the judges/hosts probably change outfits every episode, for continuity theyā€™ll have to wear the same outfits when the celebrities get ā€˜unmaskedā€™ after the audience has voted.

Then again, I know in the blind auditions for The Voice the coahces wear the same outfit, so they might do the same thing here as well.

I would assume that they had contractual obligations to Docklands Studios given Fox Studios were all committed - the fact THOR has been delayed is probably irrelevant to the outlay TMS had already committed to in Melbourne.

Thereā€™s a difference between running an audience screening in a theatre versus a full-on production space that can accommodate custom stage/set, cameras, back of house facilities etc. Plus thereā€™s the security required for a show like this.

Because there was no studio space or facilities available.