The Living Room

The Living Room

From Friday 12 February

Award-Winning Lifestyle Television With A Twist - The Living Room Returns To Friday Nights.
Season Five premieres on Friday, 12 February with a very romantic Valentine’s Day special.

TV Week Logie Award winner The Living Room is back, with Amanda Keller and co-hosts Chris Brown, Miguel Maestre and Barry Du Bois returning to spice up Friday nights on TEN.

Ready to deliver a delectable entertainment smorgasbord each week – from A-list celebrity interviews and travel, to recipes, renovation, with handy tips and tricks thrown in – The Living Room is the perfect recipe for weekend inspiration.

Plus, legendary landscape designer and presenter Jamie Durie is back on Australian soil to join the team.

With Dr Chris Brown on loan to the South African jungle hosting I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!, Jamie is stepping in to temporarily take his spot on The Living Room sofa and he has some amazing garden make-overs in store.

The Living Room also welcomes back its extended family of expert special guests including master de-clutterer** Peter Walsh**, renovator Cherie Barber, designer James Treble, money man Jason Cunningham and building and renovation expert Dylan Falecki.

Season Five premieres on Friday, 12 February with a very romantic Valentine’s Day special.

Jamie Durie makes his 2016 debut, exploring everything there is to know about roses, offering tips for every garden loving romantic. The Bachelor Australia and The Bachelorette Australia presenter Osher Günsberg is the perfect addition to Miguel’s culinary team, as the pair attempt to teach a viewer how to create the perfect Valentine’s Day meal filled with aphrodisiacs, and Barry converts a neglected master bedroom into a romantic love nest.

Direct to your living room, join Amanda, Chris, Miguel and Barry as they welcome the weekend with more laughs, fun times and big surprises in 2016.

Anyone noticed how well The Living Room does in the key demos (compared to BH&G)? Ten would be pleased :slight_smile: @TV.Cynic

1 Like

It is hard to compare ratings for the two shows. BHandG starts at 7pm and runs for 30 minutes in Melbourne before switching to 7Two while it is only on 7Two in Adelaide. But, apart from that, The Living Room usually has higher ratings in the demos for its 7.30 broadcast.

1 Like

The team travelled to LA last month to film a special, which will air tomorrow night. Looking forward to see Amanda auditioning for a role in The Bold and the Beautiful :smile:

1 Like

Chris is trying his hand at sports photography at the MCG tonight during the BBL match between Melbourne Stars and Adelaide Strikers, for an upcoming segment on the show. He is working next to a professional (who is from Getty Images from the commentary IIRC?).

###The Living Room Returns To Friday Nights.

Tonight At 7.30pm. On TEN And WIN Network.

The TV Week Logie Award-winning lifestyle program The Living Room is back tonight at 7.30pm, bringing its unique brand of laughter, tips and lifestyle tricks to Friday nights on TEN and WIN Network.

The Biggest Loser: Transformed trainer Shannan Ponton joins the team as resident fitness and travel expert this season, keeping Chris Brown’s seat warm while he is in the South African jungle hosting I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here!.

On his first assignment, Shannan travels to Melbourne with some adventure sport in store for Australia’s Bachelorette Georgia Love, I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! alumni Laurina Fleure and The Project’s Anthony “Lehmo” Lehmann.

Before Julia Morris reported for duty in the South African jungle, she popped over to Amanda Keller’s house for an evening of gossip. The Living Room viewers are invited over as well and, along with the secrets they swap about their co-worker Dr Chris Brown, Julia shares her hilarious special recipe for ice-cream soup.

Expert builder and resident renovator Barry Du Bois converts an inner-city backyard and the irrepressible Miguel Maestre is back in the kitchen to create the perfect pavlova.

The Living Room has all the best experts including fitness and wellness expert Tiffiny Hall, award-winning landscape designer and television personality Jamie Durie, de-clutter expert Peter Walsh, renovator Cherie Barber, designer James Treble, money man Jason Cunningham and building and renovation expert Dylan Falecki.

Prepare for the hit lifestyle program’s most impressive season yet, as the awesome foursome – Amanda, Chris, Barry and Miguel – deliver the best food, travel, celebrity and home renovation, with a bang.

The show celebrates 200 episodes tonight. Congratulations to all involved!

1 Like

Some cross promotion tonight with Matt Preston appearing on The Living Room

Over on Seven it was less subtle on Better Homes and Gardens

I’m sure that guy on House Rules is the new Dick Dastardly.

They had a bit of fun on The Living Room on Friday. Spent a lot on costumes for some but Ten’s financial woes saw funds run out for Matty J’s jeans :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I was shocked to hear Barry Du Bois’ cancer has returned after six years (in 2011 he was a judge on The Renovators on Ten). He revealed the news on tonight’s show then repeated it on his Instagram. There have been many messages of support on social media since then.

Huffington Post reports: Baz announced on the show that a plasmacytoma myeloma that was first felt in his neck in 2010 has resurfaced “reasonably aggressively” and that he’s set to undergo further chemotherapy and strong doses of medication while in line for a transplant.

1 Like

I was just watching before Graham Norton. That was very emotional.

All the best Barry.

A truly touching episode and quite unexpected as a viewer. As someone who has gone through the cancer journey, my heart goes out to Baz. Stay strong and retain that sense of humour.

2 Likes

Last summer, Chris went pitchside with sporting photographer Cameron Spencer during the Big Bash League. That report will finally air tonight. What took it so long?

1 Like

They might have been planning on using it as promotion for the upcoming season. Doesn’t really have the same effect months in advance.

1 Like

A Very Merry Christmas From The Living Room

Robert Irwin, John Cena And More Join The Festivities

Tonight At 7.30pm

Network Ten’s hit lifestyle program The Living Room farewells 2017 with its annual Christmas episode tonight at 7.30pm, only on TEN and WIN Network.

In a special event Amanda Keller, Dr. Chris Brown, Barry Du Bois and Miguel Maestre will bring all the best in food, travel, celebrities and home renovation tips for the most wonderful time of the year.

Barry helps a family in need with a stunning renovation that is sure to bring a tear to the eye while Amanda faces off with WWE’s John Cena, star of the upcoming Disney film Ferdinand. Miguel cooks an amazingly easy but unbelievably delicious Christmas feast with Reverend Bill Crews from The Exodus Foundation and the always considerate Dr. Chris picks out some questionable Christmas presents for the cast.

Joining the festivities will be Robert Irwin and Angela Bishop, in studio to share their ultimate Christmas gift guide, covering off the must-have toys and tech to expect underneath the Christmas tree this year.

Join The Living Room team when they return in early 2018 to welcome another year full of plenty more laughs, fun times and big surprises.

Matthew Johnson is the new travel reporter for The Living Room.

1 Like

I assume this will be a temporary gig while Chris is overseas at the top of 2018 for I’m A Celeb.

Some Very Special Guests Enter The Living Room.

Welcome Grant Denyer, Jamie Durie, Matty Johnson And Kris Smith.

New Season Starts 9 February At 7.30pm. Only On TEN And WIN Network.

Network Ten’s popular, award-winning lifestyle program The Living Room returns in 2018 for another year of easy renos, recipes and living – kicking off with a very special line-up of guest hosts beginning on Friday 9 February at 7.30pm, only on TEN and WIN Network.

Joining Amanda Keller and Miguel Maestre on the couch will be the host of Family Feud and All Star Family Feud Grant Denyer, Australia’s favourite landscaper Jamie Durie, I’m A Celebrity…Get Me Out Of Here! favourite Kris Smith and The Bachelor Australia’s Matty Johnson.

Across the first six episodes of 2018, Grant Denyer will show more than a little of his daring side, completing his fastest-ever lap of the hallowed Mount Panorama circuit in a jet plane and exploring all the things Sydney has to offer in one very big adventure, before inviting Amanda to join the family on his farm for a little R&R.

For two episodes, Oprah Winfrey’s very own green thumb, Jamie Durie, is in the studio to divulge even more expert renovation tips, before loveable bachelor-no-more Matty J takes the reigns, heading to New Zealand for a spectacular adventure over glaciers, wilderness trails and obstacle courses, bringing the best of his findings back to the studio for three episodes.

Rounding out the star-studded line-up is model and television presenter Kris Smith, joining Amanda, Miguel and Grant for a further two episodes that will see him tee off on the world’s longest golf course and explore Australia’s breathtaking Nullarbor via plane, train and automobile.

3 Likes

New 2018 promo on tenplay here:

https://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/the-living-room/extra/season-7/the-living-room-is-back-in-2018