The Latest

No-one is necessarily jumping on anyone. We’re all people chatting on a forum at the end of the day, and expressing our individual views. It may have just been the tone and wording of some posts. No-one means any ill-will or bad intentions towards the people on this forum or presenters. Thank you for your comment though. :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

All good. I’m a teacher, I can’t help myself! :joy:

3 Likes

Teachers are great people :+1:

3 Likes

Long day for Matt considering he hosted Sunrise this morning.

3 Likes

He’s not the only one. Mel has been working consecutive days and continuing her radio commitments, I believe.

And, all week, Ange Cox has been doing a live studio segment each night on The Latest, then doing the 5am news the following day, then Sunrise, appearing on The Morning Show, recording packages and then appearing back live on The Latest later that night. One day, she did all of that and the Morning News too.

9 Likes

And The Latest last night and I’d say WS tomorrow.
Mel has had a couple of long weeks with just one day off.

4 Likes

At this stage, a lot of people in media, particularly those higher paid ones, are just happy to have a job.

Will be a nasty rest of the year with all the job cuts still to come.

8 Likes

Saturday 11 April- 7pm

5 Likes

Michael Usher going solo tonight

7 Likes

Wednesday 15 April-

Michael Usher hosting 30 minute edition at 8.30pm tonight.

Screenshot_20200415-200732~2

3 Likes

What would you think of two 30 minute editions of The Latest. One at 7 and one at 9:30. Thoughts?

3 Likes

One too many. Should only be at 9.30pm.

1 Like

7 and 10.30.

2 Likes

Praying to God this isn’t permanent.

That’s what I waited for… :smiley:

1 Like

Yeah, we’ve reached the point whereby while the Coronavirus will still be the biggest story everyday for months to come - there isn’t the need to have wall-to-wall coverage everyday

7 Likes

Looks like Melissa Doyle is presenting solo tonight.

7 Likes

I’m thinking she might do tonight and Saturdays from now on

5 Likes

It would make sense for her to do the nights Michael Usher does Seven News Sydney and two others to cover his days off,

6 Likes

Unless Angela is taking Angie Asimus’ place on Sunrise.

1 Like