The Latest

And they must be wondering why when they’re shifting the bulletin around like shuffling deck chairs on the Titanic to suit their primetime schedule. It’s never going to work in a revolving timeslot.

1 Like

But it’s not coming 4th as it was at 7pm. Is that correct?

I wouldn’t call it a revolving timelsot. For two weeks the show was at 7pm. The show’s audience slowly decreased over that time as interest in COVID-19 news post 6pm seemed to wane.

Seven decided that having an entertainment show at 7pm was a better fit for their schedule and ratings performance and have moved it to a later time.

No it’s not. I think we have to conclude that Seven isn’t happy with the performance across the hour at 8.30, however, because they are split coding to make the first 30 minutes look better and have today reduced most bulletins next week to 30 minutes.

Not correct or not coming 4th at 8.30?

1 Like

Matt Doran is co-hosting with Mel tonight.

5 Likes

Mel has done every night except last Sunday I think…

5 Likes

Why did that 7 News tweet say Usher was hosting?

1 Like

Half the time those posts on Facebook and Twitter are scheduled days, weeks, months in advance - So he maybe was originally, but asked for some time off…

4 Likes

6 Likes

That’s a serious effect.

5 Likes

There’s far too much blue in this show now, still looks a million times better than their primary news service however. I like that they’ve toned down on the use of all the red too for the covid-19 reporting, in fact I’ve noticed this for most networks actually.

6 Likes

Did you mean ‘decreased’?

2 Likes

I feel an hour is stretching it a little.

30 minutes and punchy at 10pm seems fine

Whatever late night demos seven enjoys can be programmed at 10.30

I would just like to see the latest consistently at 10, and the 10.30 slot weekdays be stripped also

3 Likes

Looks like usher got the boot… about time

1 Like

Or @VictorianSun he was presenting Seven News Sydney’s 6pm bulletin and Matt Doran filled in for him like the last few Friday and Saturday nights.

11 Likes

He needs to be ushered out of the newsroom. The lowers the standard of Channel Seven

1 Like

What’s your particular beef?

If only that were true!

Keep Mel on solo!

FYI, Usher’s much better than Mel. He knows how to present the Latest well.

2 Likes

You must be a nice person to be around.

4 Likes