The Latest

Don’t know if the format or the topic being discusses lends itself to warmth or banter.

3 Likes

Warmth is definitely needed. With all that’s going on, people want to feel comforted, and she fits the role perfectly.

9 Likes

I missed the first part of the show tonight but their brief interaction at the end was perfect. Having 2 presenters allows the chance for a discussion which Michael can’t do on his own. I think this pairing will develop well if they allow the show to grow beyond 2 weeks.
Long term, they could bring back the commentators who have been regulars and have parts of the show with a bigger panel (obviously when social distancing is no longer required).

5 Likes

Both are professionals and have been in the industry a long time so l don’t think him replacing her would ever be a issue for Mel.
They are delivering sombre news to viewers so therefore I don’t except to see cheery banter between the two during the program.

6 Likes

Warmth is needed when covering stories about families and the impact. Eg. Tonight’s focus on the couple with the newborn, and the education discussion even.

2 Likes

Don’t know either of them personally but neither seem to be the kind of person who would hold a grudge or let it affect their role.

6 Likes

You’re right. It wasn’t too bad an I’m sure the chemistry will grow.

3 Likes

The Latest from last night for those interested:

13 Likes

Really dislike that fast-moving shot they used throughout the bulletin.

4 Likes

They look good as a double header.

4 Likes

2m+ for The Latest? OzTam o’nites say 630,000…

5 Likes

That is “reach” ie people Australia wide who watched for at least 1 minute.

5 Likes

Direct from our Sydney headquarters, The Fastest from 7 News.

6 Likes

same!

1 Like

Wednesday 25 March-

9 Likes

Has become a must watch @7

9 Likes

The promo for the 7pm Edition of The Latest was updated to include Melissa Doyle earlier this week.

7 Likes

Thursday 26 March-

Screenshot_20200326-181540~2

7 Likes

Melissa Doyle looks to be co-hosting The Latest (since earlier in the week) as Angela Cox has travelled to Queensland to care for her mum.

8 Likes

She’s been cohosting all week

10 Likes