The Latest

Must be a busy day for her as she also did the Morning News today.

I also think that Seven should utilise its Melbourne studio for The Latest (in the same manner that sometimes, Mike Amor presents the Morning News if Ann Sanders or anyone else in Sydney is unavailable) if either Usher, Cox or any other Sydney-based presenter is unavailable on any given night.

3 Likes

Mike Amor would be terrific at this, but its a little bit more easier doing national bulletins throughout the day from Melbourne, as the studio and crew are available at that time. Most of HSV7 have gone home by 8.00pm.

5 Likes

If you’re talking about the Docklands office, then - sort of, yes.

However, one reporter (most times, either Tom Chadwick or Georgia Comensoli) is deployed on location as The Latest’s Melbourne correspondent.

Also during the AFL season, Jacqui Felgate presents footy updates from the Docklands studios. Seven’s Wimbledon coverage has also been presented from Docklands in recent years as well (starting in 2018 - the week after they gave up the AO rights to Nine for 2019 onwards), requiring her and/or Geoff Masters to lead the network coverage into the early hours of the morning.

1 Like

Michael Usher is back presenting this evening.

8 Likes

Caps from last night:

10 Likes

So many presentation backwards steps. Sigh.

9 Likes

Sunday 16 February- Special Edition
Screenshot_20200216-180904~2

9 Likes

Monday 17 February-

Angela Cox is presenting tonight.

6 Likes

Tuesday 25 February & Thursday 27 February-

Angela Cox is presenting The Latest.

10 Likes

9 Likes

How is it a crisis worthy of “special coverage”? Information isn’t developing fast enough to justify this status.

I agree that it requires serious attention, and that people should be well informed (in order to make people hyper aware of personal hygiene)… but I feel australian media in general are ramping this up to be more mass panic than it needs to be.

6 Likes

Like this?

And this?

And this?

2 Likes

Yes and no, those articles aren’t actually too bad for news.com.au, they’re newsworthy articles and their headlines aren’t too bad - vs the guardian who has had a live blog going for the last few weeks… I just don’t think it needs to be “special coverage status” yet…

1 Like

The earlier 10pm start for The Latest is for one hour tonight.

5 Likes

In addition to Michael Usher presenting at the desk, Angela Cox is presenting an in-studio report on the coronavirus outbreak.

8 Likes

8 Likes

Good sensible coverage, not sensational. Nice graphics. Love the use of Angela Cox as well.

10 Likes

Tuesday 3 March-

Angela Cox is presenting tonight.

7 Likes

Just saw a localized update for The Latest on the Brisbane 7plus feed. Do they do this in the other markets as well?

1 Like

Thoughts on why last night’s one hour 10pm edition wasn’t able to grow the audience for Seven in the timeslot?

Despite a lot of effort from the team, the show rated the same as S.W.A.T that usually airs at that time.

I’m thinking that one hour was too long. After crossing to most states, the UK and US and looking at every conceivable angle perhaps it was too repetitive. Add in special reports and standing presentations, perhaps a shorter more concise bulletin was probably what viewers would be looking for at 10pm.

1 Like