The Latest

I’ve never seen her presenting before and she did pretty well. Seemed very relaxed, as if she did it every day. Is this her background?

4 Likes

I find her quite overrated.

6 Likes

She doesn’t appear to have done alot of “reading” but she did extensive studio work and crosses while with CNBC.

7 Likes

Wednesday 29 June & Thursday 30 June-

Gemma Acton is presenting The Latest.

8 Likes

Nick Hose said twice in his cross on The Latest that 1 million teachers will be striking in NSW tomorrow. I think he means there’s around 1 million students affected?

Unrelated, in the report on the census last night on 7News, the reporter called this number on screen, “452 000”… “four hundred and fifty-two hundred thousand”… it was pre-recorded but no one must’ve checked?

3 Likes

Does The Latest need to come out of Sydney all the time? I would love to see Mike Amor or Rebecca Maddern present. It would be great to see how the Melbourne set could adopt the look.

12 Likes

And the other markets for that matter. If it was to, for example, be produced from Perth, then Tim McMillan could be an ideal presenter.

3 Likes

I could be wrong but I think I have seen the odd occasion where it has come out of Melbourne with Mike Amor Presenting. Not for a fair while though.

1 Like

Its never come out of Melbourne.

3 Likes

So are you saying all the times Mike Amor has hosted it’s been done from Sydney?

When has Mike Amor presented The Latest?

2 Likes

He did present a late bulletin from Melbourne when the pandemic first begin to take off in March 2020, but that was a state bulletin not a national one.

Again… I’m not aware of Mike Amor ever presenting The Latest?

I have a feeling he did but pre pandemic and from Sydney. Afaik it’s never been done from any other set.

Gemma Acton is presenting The Latest again this week.

9 Likes

Last night’s bulletin with coverage from the UK - linked dropped out for a moment.

5 Likes

Love the segment with Dee and Caroline.

3 Likes

Monday 11 July-

Chris Reason is presenting The Latest tonight.

6 Likes

Slight change to graphics tonight (though I haven’t seen the program in a while).
Straps and logo used within the OTS in the opener (the ugly blue still used as a transition).
Straps seem to animate differently? Slightly different colours?