The Latest

Will be interesting see what the show is like in an hour-long format and whether it either suits it or needlessly drags it out

3 Likes

I think it could still work. The catch would be that they would still need to maintain the fast-pace.

3 Likes

Not the biggest fan of the long run time however happy as a viewer to have it extend occasionally when the opportunity is there.

1 Like

Humorous camera switching error - just as Michael notices he is facing the wrong camera and moves, the camera switches and he’s again facing the wrong camera. Eventually get it wight with a smile and “there”.

8 Likes

More caps from last night:

4 Likes

Looks like Wednesdays might stay as 1 hour epsiodes.

Becasue of the earlier start (and over-run from The Front Bar in AFL markets it should be the highest rating episode across the week.

4 Likes

TFB has been on Thursdays the past month or two.

1 Like

Yes - I left that part out - I meant that because the Thursday ep had been doing well (with The Front Bar etc) it should continue on Wednesday.

1 Like

Last night’s ratings for The Latest added to the ratings news article.

3 Likes

How did last weeks 1 hr edition fare at 9.30?

1 Like

Result is listed in the ratings article.

1 Like

Thx I saw that after I posted, sorry.

2 Likes

Looks like it came second to the ABC?

Don’t forget the cricket! The final number might be lower, however, because of Front Bar’s overrun.

1 Like

The Latest back to the more traditional late news timeslots and 30 minutes for all bulletins across the week from 30 July.

2 Likes

I like it but I don’t like to watch two hour delayed news so I watch it live on 7plus bypassing post code crap hehe

1 Like

Angela Cox in for Michael this evening

5 Likes

They aired a localised update for the bulletin in Melbourne tonight, with Angela Cox mentioning ‘Victoria’ at the start. Are the localised updates airing elsewhere?

2 Likes

Yes, the do that regularly for Melbourne. Especially when The Front Bar is in.

3 Likes

Michael is back presenting tonight.

4 Likes