The Latest

I don’t get this “past summer” talk. I see nothing to suggest the bulletin is temporary?

The bulletin needs an audience to be successful, of course they will likely get this following the Big Bash games over summer but when this ends the audience may disappear with whatever they offer in the 9:30pm or thereabouts slots not being as enticing or delivering a decent audience and it likely wouldn’t be such a viable offering to continue burning cash on. A very real possibility IMO.

2 Likes

They are really pumping out the updates now.

Two in 30 minutes and more national content.

3 Likes

The Latest update just aired here in Northern NSW (Prime7 territory). It also appeared momentarily in the (approx.) 4:50 ad break in the afternoon news - but hopes were dashed when it turned out to be Prime pushing the button a bit late and we instead received the usual the 6 & 6:30 local headlines!

1 Like

No worries :slight_smile: And nup, so (for example from me) it’d be a “Ten News At Five” update (pre recorced) with Mal Walden or Helen Kapalos in the nearest ad break after 7:30pm and 8:30pm, every weeknight.

Then a “Ten Late News” update with Sandra Sully (or someone else if Friday) would air, close to live, in the nearest ad break after 9:30pm and again during the final ad break before bulletin commencement approaching 10:30pm (or 11pm/11:30pm if Friday).

NB/ If Friday, a standalone “Sports Tonight” update would air immediately after local and Late News updates. Otherwise a combined Late News/ST update aired Monday-Thursday during the aforementioned times.

6 Likes

From later updates:

7 Likes

Immediate fail. Not even starting on time.

8 Likes

Gemma Acton will be on for an on-set interview tonight.

2 Likes

The news seems out of date if they’re saying that Sydney was hit with storms “within the last hour” and showed footage of hail in daylight.

3 Likes

Nope. It’s scheduled for 10:30pm. The game finished 10:20pm. There’s absolutely no excuse as to why they aren’t on air.

3 Likes

The big bash host said “we’ve got the latest coming up after the big bash… a brand new show… one sure to miss”

Jesus even their hosts don’t know how to promote it.

3 Likes

The set colours are much better than that what usually comes out of those studios news wise, the lack of blue is refreshing.

4 Likes

Except when it does. Like I said, the game is finished. Why do we need to “preview” tomorrow’s match?

Update with Usher standing just aired. Looked very polished I thought.
Hopefully the bulletin begins in the next couple of minutes, I need to go to bed because I need to get up fairly early in the morning!

Good to know I didn’t mishear that, a good impression for your new bulletin.

3 Likes

Not impressed. They just aired a 4 minute ad break when the bulletin should have started 6 minutes ago.

They will have lost the majority of their audience by now.

5 Likes

This is my point…

1 Like

Should have started at 10.30 on the dot - would have been so easy tonight. The preview - looks a lot whiter than the tweets.

6 Likes

Can understand both sides of the timing argument. Having said that, the promotions have pointed to the program airing after BBL coverage - it didn’t explicitly say 10:30pm

Unfortunate slips of the tongue can happen on live TV…

3 Likes

To be fair Fox Cricket is still going despite their 10:35 end time.

10:39 edit: Fox Cricket just finished.

The bulletin should have started right after the interview with the player of the match (Rashid Khan of Adelaide). Leave the predictions for half time of the BBL match.

1 Like