The Inspired Unemployed (Impractical) Jokers

Why did thry choose Wednesday nights to screen this? They forced Five Bedrooms into a later slot. Ten must really not want Aussie dramas to succeed. The Inspired Unemployed is a terrible lead-in for a show like Five Bedrooms.

Meanwhile, on Thursday nights they have no Aussie content after 8.30pm. Very disappointing.

2 Likes

Gogglebox starts Thursday 8.30 next week.

2 Likes

Some planning ahead could have ensured they didn’t clash at the same time of year. What will they have for the rest of the year?

1 Like

So it’s the one guy playing all the characters right?

Watched the first two of this. Have to say its pretty funny.

Was the last bit at the wedding really not staged when he said " i pissed on the grey car in the carpark" or something and some guy yelled out that’s my car ?

From what I heard the only people that knew about it were the bride and groom. So the guy that yelled out was either just being an idiot or may have been someone there with that particular car lol.

3 Likes

He said grey Mazda so it’s possible someone had a matching car. He certainly got heckled.

3 Likes

I don’t understand this. With the American version they were virtually unknown when they started but 2 out of the TIU are very recognisable and I find it hard to believe regular people (esp young ones) dont know that.

1 Like

I’m not sure how they’re doing it but omg its so freaking funny. :joy: :rofl:

I’m mid 30’s and don’t recognise any of them . But I’m possibly not the target demo ?

Didn’t Foxtel make an Aussie Balls of Steel version, was it the same type of thing?

There are always going to be people who don’t recognise them. If someone does make the connection, they probably don’t make the cut.

3 Likes

Yes a long time ago. It was also on channel 9. This is probably the last time a show like this was done.

2 Likes

Watching this on P+ now and it’s not bad, just realised it’s based on an overseas format of the same name, not sure why I thought it was an original format.

It’s Really really good especially for a first season of a show. you can tell the boys have been doing this for a while with their YouTube channel

Was there a NZ version? Saw something on Tik Tok in a supermarket but might have not been the same show?

radio show

2 Likes

https://tvtonight.com.au/2023/09/voice-winner-on-inspired-unemployed-impractical-jokers.html

The last two episodes of the season will be shown on 10 on Wednesday, September 27 from 8.40pm.

2 Likes

Are they actually unemployed though?