The increasingly crowded streaming market

Seven last had NBCU rights a decade ago.

Does anyone know where Kanopy gets their movie content?

Iā€™ve never had Stan, but Iā€™ve noticed a number of movies that are on Stan also feature on Kanopy. Itā€™s ahandy free back door to get a bit of Stan content.
(this is off a small sample size)

1 Like

Which would align with what Warburton has said about what Seven is looking for to launch a SVOD service (i.e., being able to work with a partner which will ensure thereā€™ll be a continuous pipeline of content).

1 Like

i liken this to the music store explosion we saw in the 2000ā€™s when it seemed every man and his dog had a n online download music store. alot went bust because there was so much out there.

to be successful in steaming now, you need to have your own content. you canā€™t rely on others in case its pulled from under you. one prime example where i see it working is Sport. Sport generates content, it has a highly engaged audience and they have a long watch time.

3 Likes

Literally, every platform is doing this now even platforms that you would think could get away with not doing it. I was looking at the cycling streaming service GCN+ and even they have been doing their own content for the last few years.

1 Like

https://tbivision.com/2022/10/19/us-avod-electicnow-sets-australia-launch-as-global-roll-out-begins/

ElectricNOW Australia will be available on connected devices such as Roku, Apple TVOS and iOS, LG TV, Google/Android, Amazon Fire, Samsung TV, and Hisense Roku TV.

That name sounds more like a company that sells electricity than a streaming service.

2 Likes

Stan V Paramount

3 Likes

Stan won.

Did they? Who else made the final?

https://tbivision.com/2022/11/04/lionsgate-pulled-from-swathes-of-europe-japan-as-questions-loom-over-originals/

So I just found this out today I think this may of only just happened but Netflix basic and basic with ads are both now HD 720p, not SD.

As reported in The Australian today, the NBL has signed a new deal with DAZN which will distribute content including live matches across Europe and Canada.

2 Likes
1 Like
3 Likes
1 Like

I donā€™t know whether this has been mentioned yet but the Vevo music channels are now also on Samsung plus tv.

2 Likes

Is it just Vevo Pop, or all the channels?

1 Like