The Goldbergs

Season 10 will indeed be the last.

1 Like

They shouldnā€™t have bothered with this last season. It was way past its prime.

1 Like

The Middle got it right with the number of seasons and when to end it .

I wonder if Jeff Garlin had not left would it keep on going ā€¦ felt like it should have ended in Season 9 when Adam graduated . Would have been a good point to leave it .

Does anyone know how Season 10 had been rating in the US ? Canā€™t quite understand the ratings there.

Agree. That should have been a good point to end it.

2 Likes

Iā€™m trying to think of sitcoms that had someon major character leave that continued ok . 2.5men didnā€™t last when Charlie was killed off either another 2 seasons . The Conners seems to be doing fine without Roseanne though but her original show was cancelled.

It lasted 4 and the ratings held up without Charlie Sheen though the quality nosedived.

1 Like

In Happy Days after Ron Howard as Richie left it continued for four more seasons. Ted McKinley was brought in as cousin Roger.

Ted McKinley was also a replacement on Married with Children when neighbour Marcyā€™s husband Steve left after two seasons she married Jefferson and he was there for seven seasons.

2 Likes

Breaking News out of the States: The Goldbergā€™s Finale had just aired.

I wonder when 7 will air it .

Probably after the last Blackish season finishes. Theyā€™ve shown 10 out of 13 episodes in Season 8.

1 Like

Iā€™m surprised The Goldbergs didnā€™t make it to streaming in Australia for long . It did on Amazon Prime for about a year then disappeared not long after Itā€™s Always Sunny in Philadelphia was removed.

Itā€™s an ABC show (Goldbergs) produced by Sony so guess any streaming service could get it if they want ā€¦ guess it just isnā€™t that popular.

I noticed many months ago 7Plus added all the seasons for catchup except the new one of course.

Maybe 7Plus will add Itā€™s Always Sunny every season with ads. Again probably another one of the niche not very popular shows .

Its always sunny is available on Disney+

1 Like

Surprised that a show like the Goldbergs is popular in the USA and around the world, but not in Australia. King of the Hill ditto. Australians tend to prefer homegrown programmes.

It is not an exact equation, there will be variations between the two countries. In some ways, we are very different to them.

How do you mean? Australian comedies flop while american ones flourish over here.

2 Likes

Only one episode of Blackish to go so I assume the final season of The Goldbergs can start the week after.

2 Likes

All ten seasons coming to Binge in April.

3 Likes

So does that mean Seven gave up on the last season?

woo-hoo! Well worth it! Finally after being shafted by both Amazon Prime Video and Seven.

1 Like