The Front Bar

Update: Coming to Wednesdays.

3 Likes

It’s good promotion to emphasise “all sports” in the title. Might gain some interest for non-AFL fans.

How much promo time is it getting in the northern states?

1 Like

I’m from Sydney, and i’ve seen a few ads for the show. Obviously not as many ads compared to Australian Idol. lol.

I was one of the 11 people who watched the show from Sydney over the last few days, so i dont know if it will still rate or not. I think it needs a little bit more promotion.

With Mick Molloy starting his Sydney Breakfast Show on Triple M on Monday, there might be more promotion there, i would imagine.

2 Likes

I would say it gets the same promo spots around the country at the moment.

1 Like

I’ve seen several promos quite regularly in Brisbane.

The Front Bar’s grand reopening

The Front Bar returns live and free on Wednesday night on Channel 7 and 7plus

In exciting news for sports fans, resident patrons Mick Molloy, Andy Maher and Sam Pang will kick-start happy hour at 9.00pm this Wednesday night when everyone’s favourite sports show, The Front Bar: All Sports, returns for six weeks of national prime time shows on Channel 7 and 7plus.

Over the next six Wednesdays, a talented crop of Australia’s most colourful sports stars will stop by the bar to reflect on sport’s biggest and best stories of yesteryear and today, including:

• Cricket icon, David Boon
  • Basketball legend, Lauren Jackson
  • NRL immortal, Allan Langer
  • Former world No. 1 tennis player, Pat Rafter
  • America’s Cup hero, John Bertrand
  • Socceroos coach, Graham Arnold

The Front Bar host, Mick Molloy, said he was looking forward to meeting with some of Australian sport’s brightest stars, alongside a new sponsor in 2023.

“Ex-legends of sport have so many great stories to tell, especially the ones they tell us in the green room after the show,” Mick said.

“We have a new beer sponsor this year. Furphy are on board, which is great. I tried to get my home brew involved but there were a couple of issues with the recipe. One too many flammable ingredients.

“This year we’re keen to be celebrating even more of Australia’s great sports stars, mostly so I can write off even more sporting events on my tax return.”

From next Wednesday, 8 February, fans of The Front Bar can tune into Channel 7 at 8.30pm (local time) for the All Sports editions. Viewers can also tune into 7plus for live and on-demand coverage of The Front Bar in 2023.

TV broadcast times on Seven
The Front Bar: All Sports Edition Wednesday, 1 February
Sydney 9.00pm live on Channel 7 and 7plus
Melbourne 9.00pm live on Channel 7 and 7plus
Brisbane 8.00pm live on 7plus, 9.00pm on Channel 7
Adelaide 8.30pm live on 7plus, 9.00pm on Channel 7
Perth 6.00pm live on 7plus, 9.00pm on Channel 7

The Front Bar: All Sports Edition Wednesday, 8 February
Sydney 8.30pm live on Channel 7 and 7plus
Melbourne 8.30pm live on Channel 7 and 7plus
Brisbane 7.30pm live on 7plus, 8.30pm on Channel 7
Adelaide 8.00pm live on 7plus, 8.30pm on Channel 7
Perth 5.30pm live on 7plus, 8.30pm on Channel 7

Are they no longer legends?

2 Likes

I hope it stays live in Sydney and Brisbane for the whole year, and not pushed back to a ridiculous time like last year.

3 Likes
6 Likes

Lauren Jackson and John Bertrand are special guests tonight on the new season premiere.

3 Likes

Wouldn’t be surprised if tonight’s ‘Last Shout’ at the very end of the program is a dedication to the memory of Gary Fenton.

6 Likes

Looks to me that the set has got some new wallpaper and a new Furphy beer ad behind Mick Molloy’s left shoulder, coinciding with the change of sponsor.

There are also some new graphics.

2 Likes

8 Likes

That Karl v Clarke send-up was brilliant! Hilarious!

The Lauren Jackson interview was great. And showed quite a few clips from her early career.

Has been a great, and funny, first episode.

2 Likes

A fun show to watch. Great start to season 2023

4 Likes

The last segment - the live and free bug had disappeared, despite being on screen for the rest of the show.

Mel McLaughlin is on the panel next week. I hope her banter got better over the summer…

And yes, during the Last Shout segment, Gary Fenton got a special mention.

3 Likes

Oh no, her performance last time was poor.

3 Likes

Mel McLaughlin replacing Andy Maher tonight. Already not getting into the jokes and getting flustered by them. And she’s also going to the next piece as soon as they say a joke, instead of letting us laugh at the jokes. Surely there are other female sports personalities out there over on Seven that can take on the job?

3 Likes

Like I said before, she’s not the right fit for this show, yet alone anything AFL related, which majority of The Front Bar is really invested in. Emma Freedman would be a decent fit I reckon.

3 Likes