The Front Bar

Yes, happened last week too.

Lazy programming, i say. I think it should be repeated on 7mate, rather than on the main channel.

2 Likes

10 do it all the time.

3 Likes

Sam wore a black armband in the opening segment of tonight’s show.

Michelle Payne and Ross Clarke-Jones will be special guests on next week’s show. As previously posted, Mel McLaughlin will return as host. Glenn Robbins will also be on the panel.

5 Likes

Mel seems a little bit more settled tonight.

Pat Rafter and reigning British Open golf champion Cameron Smith are special guests next week.

It was reported earlier today that Open organisers R&A had allowed Smith to defend his title this July, even though he is now a member of LIV Golf.

2 Likes

The Front Bar return to its traditional AFL format on Wednesday 15 March. For the season opening week it stays in the earlier timeslot in Sydney and Brisbane; not sure after that.

Join Sam Pang, Mick Molloy and Andy Maher as they share a laugh about the world of AFL and catch up with stars of yesteryear and today.

3 Likes

Socceroos coach Graham Arnold is special guest tonight. Mel McLaughlin will co-host, while Titus O’Reily will make his first appearance on the show this year.

2 Likes

I think I’d rather Titus O’Reilly co-host than Mel.

5 Likes

Not sure who’s worse out of those two tbh!

Titus, as much as he’s dry, at least has a sense of passion about sport. Mel is just boring.

7 Likes

Ryan “Fitzy” Fitzgerald is co-hosting tonight also, replacing Sam Pang.

As for Mel, I’m assuming when the AFL version starts next week, that she’ll be “rested”. And that the show will be bumped to a later slot in AFL cities (of Sydney and Brisbane) by April…

2 Likes

Tonight’s other special guest is Jim Jacques, who retired last December as South Australian harness racing commentator after 25 years. He is perhaps best known for losing his voice during a call at Globe Derby back in 2010.

Outgoing AFL chief executive Gillon McLachlan and retired Geelong premiership captain Joel Selwood will be special guests next week.

2 Likes

Was good to see Socceroos manager Graham Arnold on the final show.

2 Likes

The Front Bar will be held outside Melbourne for the first time this year. Mick Molloy said during tonight’s episode that the show would be broadcast from Adelaide Oval on Wednesday night, April 12, the day before the Gather Round.

4 Likes

The Front Bar celebrates Gather Round

The Front Bar will head to Adelaide for Gather Round, live and free on Seven and 7plus

In exciting news for sports fans, everyone’s favourite footy show, The Front Bar, is heading to South Australia, to celebrate the AFL’s inaugural Gather Round, on Wednesday, 12 April, 2023 on Channel 7 and 7plus.

Going on the road for the first time ever, resident patrons Mick Molloy, Andy Maher and Sam Pang will kick-start happy hour at 8.30pm AEDT, live from Adelaide Oval to open Seven’s Gather Round coverage, with all 7AFL commentators and hosts broadcasting live from South Australia.

Mick Molloy said: “The Front Bar will be heading over to Adelaide as part of Gather Round. Keep it under your hat, there may be some outstanding warrants for my arrest over there.

“I can’t wait for Gather Round. I love travelling to South Australia. I’ll be bringing fruit over in my boot anyway, so it’s a good excuse to watch some footy as well.”

Managing Director Seven Melbourne and Head of Network Sport, Lewis Martin said: “The Front Bar is the best sports show on television and we cannot wait to head out of Melbourne for the first time ever, and deliver an epic live show on the eve of Gather Round.”

“On behalf of the entire Seven Network, we thank the South Australian government for granting us the opportunity to fully embrace the excitement of Gather Round. We look forward to bringing all the laughs of The Front Bar, and all the biggest and best moments from the 7AFL broadcast, on the road to the people of Adelaide, and broadcast to homes all around Australia, live and free on Seven.”

General Manager Seven Adelaide, Andy Kay said: “Gather Round marks a rare and exciting opportunity for the South Australian community to embrace our much-loved sport on our home turf.”

The Front Bar kicks off a huge month for South Australians, ahead of Gather Round and followed by the highly anticipated Adelaide leg of LIV Golf, and you can watch it all live and free on Seven.

The Front Bar kicked-off its first AFL episode of the year on Wednesday night and will continue until 2023 AFL Grand Final week in September. Fans should tune into The Front Bar for the next four Wednesday nights to find out how they can secure tickets to the Adelaide Oval live show.

The Front Bar 8.30pm Wednesdays on Channel 7 and 7plus

4 Likes

The Final Shout segment of tonights show featured several brief appearances of comedians and plugs to their various upcoming stand-up comedy shows. Thats different.

And the upcoming Adelaide show is sold out - as mentioned on the show. Mick Molloy is still “uncertain” in being in Adelaide, after his fruit fly joke fell flat to some South Australian politician.

If Mick Molloy doesn’t want to go to Adelaide, Ryan Fitzgerald will be the perfect replacement given he was born in the city and played for South Adelaide in the SANFL before being drafted by the Sydney Swans.

It was also announced on tonight’s show that Crows great Tony Modra and Power coach Ken Hinkley would be special guests during the upcoming Adelaide show.

2 Likes

It’s a very obvious joke to anyone watching the show.

5 Likes

“Check Local Guides”. Promo during The Stawell Gift. Wonder if Seven will eventually make separate promos for the NRL v AFL markets.

2 Likes

Or they could put something like

8.30pm MEL / ADL / PER
10.30pm SYD / BNE

Instead of CHECK LOCAL GUIDES

4 Likes