The Footy Show (AFL)

Billy Brownless has quit The Footy Show.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/fiona-byrne/billy-brownless-quits-footy-show-after-27-years/news-story/c59917dca9243a45e3a3b4b5d0d12e82

The show will be better without him. I never tune into it anymore because he is so unbearable.

He’s the best panelist!
Even if he is drunk most of the time.

4 Likes

I have been waiting for the next change, unfortunately nothing stays the same forever.

He completely turned me off the footy show so I just don’t agree. If I want to see a drunk, overweight white man make terrible jokes id still talk to my dad.

1 Like

Also believe Billy Brownless will quit Triple M and move to K-Rock for 2022 too.

I listen to the Rush Hour because Bill’s the Best Joke Trller.

I think he brings in some funniness

2 Likes

The article said he’s stay at Triple M in 2022. Can do radio from home, can’t do TV from home.

Did he give a reason in the article

Todd from Barwon Heads will help lift K Rock’s shares in the next survey then

3 Likes

Quote from the article:

“The time has come to hang up the boots and microphone and to have Sundays off… Living in Geelong, you have to be up pretty early to be there for an 8.30am (Sunday Footy Show) meeting…I have just had enough, to be honest. I love the show and I love the boys."

2 Likes

Ah right I thought he moved to the other side of the bay.

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

In 2022, The Sunday Footy Show (Now the sole Remaining Morning Program coming out for GTV-9) Turns 30, So We need some Stories on Each Year that aired.

3 Likes

I remember when GTV-9 produced live content from dawn to dusk. Now it’s all pre-recorded shite from Sydney.

3 Likes

Including Thursday Night when The Footy Show was massive

1 Like

Those were the good old days. Now, its mostly from Sydney, and variety on tv is almost dead.

30 years for The Footy Show? Pretty good achievement. Yes, long gone are the “Thursday variety show”, but the Sunday panel show has lasted the times (the NRL version of the Sunday Show is not that far behind the 30 year milestone too)

2 Likes

Sunday Herald Sun reports that Shane Crawford has left Channel 9 (so will therefore not be part of the Sunday Footy Show in 2022). He says he turned down a new contract, stating it was ‘time to head in a different direction’.