The Footy Show (AFL)

The NRL Footy Show is usually on Gem in Melbourne. Unless they changed it around for this Sunday? Or Weekend Today is going longer than expected for some reason?

I literally have no idea what you’re all on about.

The AFL version is scheduled as normal on Nine and the Sydney NRL version in on 9Gem.

What’s the problem here?

I received a notification that The AFL Sunday Footy Show (and Sports Sunday that follows) would be shown on 9Gem in Melbourne on Sunday. (Nothing to say it wouldn’t also be on Nine).

Trying to work out if anyone in Melbourne could advise why that might be the case.

Does anyone know why sports Sunday is always delayed in melb

The Daniel Andrews daily press conference is normally on around 10.30 or 11.00am. The Footy Show would be able to continue as usual on 9Gem when 9 cuts to the presser.

I guess the AFL Sunday Footy Show is moving to 9Gem this Sunday so it can air uninterrupted while Daniel Andrews press conference is on main channel.

Friday 23 October

Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth
07:30 pm Footy Show Grand Final Eve: My Room Telethon The Sunday Footy Show will join forces with My Room Children’s Cancer Charity for the Footy Show Grand Final Eve: My Room Telethon. Hosted by Tony Jones with Shane Crawford and Rebecca Maddern and Sunday Footy Show team.

Sunday 18 October

Also The Footy Show (10am) , Sports Sunday (12pm) and Netball Grand final (1pm) will all be simulcast on 9Gem in Melbourne - must be expecting a long media conference.

Bec Maddern has released a video before Friday’s GF show. It will be under the banner of “Sunday Footy Show”

Sunday 25 October

The Footy Show (10am) and Sports Sunday (12pm) will again be simulcast and available on 9Gem in Melbourne - to allow the main channel to broadcast the usual Sunday morning media conference on COVID.

2 Likes

Bonnie Anderson is performing on My Room Telethon tonight, while personalities from other Channel Nine shows will throw their support behind the event.

1 Like

Bonnie is on a 10 show, not Nine

Angry Anderson’s batmobile with Billy Brownless was funny. Good show tonight raising money to My Room.

2 Likes

Just over $2.2 million was raised for My Room. Great effort.

1 Like

Well done. Next year a full show at RLA on Grand Final week. All proceeds to My Room

I noticed The Footy Show AFL is back at 10am in Sydney on 9Gem.

Autocorrect on this morning’s show:

Sydney Swans / Sydney Stack

3 Likes

4 Likes

My Room Telethon 2021: AFL Grand Final Footy Show

Friday 24 September at 7.30pm on Nine (Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth) and 9Now.

The annual Footy Show Grand Final Eve: My Room Telethon returns on Friday September 24 at 7.30pm on Nine and 9Now.

On the eve of the biggest day on the AFL calendar the Sunday Footy Show will again team up with the My Room Children’s Cancer Charity to raise critical funds for kids fighting cancer.

Tony Jones Billy Brownless Nathan Brown Matthew Lloyd Damian Barrett and Kane Cornes will look back on a fascinating year of footy and preview the 2021 Grand Final.

Rebecca Maddern and Shane Crawford will join the Telethon spectacular as they share extraordinary stories from brave kids and their families from Monash Children’s Hospital and pay tribute to the amazing volunteers behind My Room who are dedicated to raising money to achieve a 100 per cent cure rate for all childhood cancers.

The Telethon will be another night full of the Sunday Footy Show’s trademark laughter and banter as the boys recap the season and present Grand Final editions of all your favourite segments including What Caught My Eye Billy’s List and Browny’s Quiz.

And the Grand Final Eve Marathon is back – literally! Port Adelaide champion Kane Cornes with help from special guests will be attempting to run 42.1 kilometres on a treadmill live on the show.

Plus some of Australia’s biggest names in television sport and entertainment will be on hand in the studio and via our Virtual Phone Room driving donations from generous individuals and businesses throughout the Telethon.

This year Porter Davis and Satterley have kindly donated a house and land package to go under the hammer in the “2021 Home for a Cure” auction for My Room.

Channel 9 has been a proud supporter of My Room for 15 years providing a platform for the charity to make a difference to the lives of children with cancer and their families. Over the past five years alone the Telethon has raised more than $7.2 million for My Room.

1 Like

COVID didn’t kill it, the abomination of 2019 did.

3 Likes