The Footy Show (AFL)

Promo featuring Rebecca Maddern as the new co-host.

1 Like

Iā€™ve always wonderedā€¦

Why does The AFL Footy Show logo depict someone about to throw the ball, rather than hand pass or kick itā€¦ (since throwing it is banned in Aussie Rules).

It looks more suited to the NRL Footy Show (apart from the short sleeved top).

The logo is a representation of Richmond legend Jack Dyer carrying the ball, charging forward in the 1944 VFL preliminary final against Essendon. He was not throwing the ball.

1 Like

AH!

Thank you!

Now I know!

1 Like

Iā€™m not defending his actions. But why should having a relationship with your best friends ex be front page news? I donā€™t agree with his actions but it has nothing to do with the media and they should not be stalking Billy, Garry, Billys daughter and the wife. They also should be texting the family to get more information or making up false stories about Billyā€™s daughter and Garry Lyon. Unless you are in that situation it would be hard to comprehend how you would feel. Not once has Garry blamed his mental illness or related the two matters. I have a family member that cheated and has bipolar. Surprisingly the addictions, compulsiveness etc do go hand in hand with depression. If you are depressed you do stupid things. But from reports from Garry Lyons friends he has said he is not taking time out because of the scandal but because of mental illness so that says to me that he is not excusing his behaviour because of depression or mental illness. Anyway I hate discussing those issues but had to mention that.

Was for The Footy Show when Wayne Carey etc.

Of course it does.

How do you have personal information that anything is false?

Theyā€™re related because we only heard about the mental illness the second the affair came out. The affair and fall out happened well before.

Oh my god some people are so naive.

2 Likes

She must have really hated Channel 7 to take this on.

3 Likes

Becā€™s doing great!! Really great to see her on the iconic show. Especially for all those women supporters/viewers

They really areā€¦

Letā€™s be honestā€¦Becā€™s credibility is going to quickly diminish on this show

3 Likes

Well it hasnā€™t stopped Erin Molan from still presenting sports news on Nine News in Sydney whilst being on the NRL Footy Show.

and twitter and Facebook commentators love her - not.

God sheā€™s trolled bad.

Probably one of the WORST shows I have seen in a long time, and yes worse than the NRL Footy Show. I waited 40 minutes, since the NRL game finished early, to watch this for the first time ever and man was I bitterly disappointed. Why was Bec and her co-host yelling what is coming up? The audience was randomly clapping (for nothing). Love Bec, but why on earth would you ever do this show?

I think sheā€™ll find her grove, but I cant see her getting back into news reading. She could be on the footy show for 2 years, then maybe land her own talk show during the day.

As the AGE put it ā€œan underutilized talent at channel 7ā€

Apart from the fact Bec said she doesnā€™t want to do that this year

Theyā€™ve always done that. Builds up excitement i guess.

Yeah I did cringe at one point as it seemed like Bec was trying a bit hard with the yelling, but it was her first show and overall I enjoyed it. Actually watched the whole show which I havenā€™t done sinceā€¦ Eddie?

1 Like

[quote=ā€œTravis, post:57, topic:813ā€]
Theyā€™ve always done that. Builds up excitement i guess.
[/quote] STUPID! I actually think it is because the audience is clapping and screaming that the hosts have to yell over the top of them. Just because they have always done that, doesnā€™t mean it makes it even satisfactory television.[quote=ā€œLeostar, post:58, topic:813, full:trueā€]
Yeah I did cringe at one point as it seemed like Bec was trying a bit hard with the yelling, but it was her first show and overall I enjoyed it. Actually watched the whole show which I havenā€™t done sinceā€¦ Eddie?
[/quote] I watched up to the Sam Newman sunglasses thing and couldnā€™t wait to switch off. I actually think Eddie would have brought control and at least something to this show when he was hosting. As for Bec, I am not going to judge because it was her first show, not at her usual perfection, and the fact I am never watching again I simply donā€™t care. Coming from NRL heartland, maybe we donā€™t get the show but the first 10 minutes had no sense of direction. With all that chit chat, it would put morning talk shows to shame!

Didnā€™t go that badly with the ratings: Thursday all about ā€œour girlā€ Bec