The Footy Show (AFL)

I could’ve done it with MS word in 5 minutes and do it better.

1 Like

In the context of AFL and The Footy Show, they are not rival networks. One is a pay tv channel that broadcasts the games, the other is free-to-air network with no AFL broadcast rights.

Therefore the relationship in this situation is probably advantageous and a good cross promotion that takes the Fox Footy brand and Neroli to an audience that might not be familiar with her and also may encourage fans of Neroli to give The Footy Show another chance.

1 Like

Gee, you would think Foxtel weren’t one of the major sponsors last year or something…

2 Likes

I’m a big fan of Neroli but I’m still sticking with The Front Bar. The new Footy Show doesn’t seem to have a clear vision on what type of show it wants to be - that’s evident by both the new line-up and what’s planned for Wednesday’s debut

So its still the same name but going to be a different format?

Length of The Footy Show now reduced - now running 9pm to 10:15pm.

The Front Bar all the way for me, at least you know what you are going to get.

Some modifications to the set it seems. Bones of last years are still there. New version of the theme song too it seems based off the coming up promos.

I’d this coming out of the GTV9 studios, or Docklands Studios?

It’s fast paced and punchy, very Before The Game-esque now as well with Lehmo and Neroli.

Definite potential if they can get over those first night nerves.

4 Likes

Docklands. It’s basically on the same set as last year.

What- this show wasn’t live? What a crazy decision.

Review:

Did Anyone in NSW and Queensland noticed The Tony Jones Hosted Sunday Footy Show that’s AFL Centric aired over there for the First Time this Morning on 9GEM?

1 Like

I’m from NSW, and I totally forgot that the Sunday AFL Footy Show was over on GEM. Bummer. It airs at 11am, after Sports Sunday?

Yes, just like the NRL content is also airing in Southern States on GEM.

Moved to 10am in Melbourne

The new look Footy show took a huge tumble yesterday after ranking 23rd on debut last week it slipped to 40th. What are its chances when Married AFS finishes?

2 Likes

The Footy Show - ANZAC Day Special

TOMORROW NIGHT AT 7.30PM

It is one of most important days on the AFL calendar and Lehmo , Neroli Meadows , Brendan Fevola and Shane Crawford will have all the best moments from the annual ANZAC Day clash tomorrow night at 7.30pm on The Footy Show on Nine and 9Now.

AFL legend Kevin Sheedy is live on the show. After conceiving the concept of the special ANZAC Day match in 1995, Sheedy will reflect on the last 25 years by sharing his favourite memories – while the victors in tomorrow’s Essendon-Collingwood clash will join The Footy Show to review the game.

LEGO Masters host Hamish Blake is in to talk about the highly anticipated new program, the disappointing start to the season by his Demons, and his cycling adventures with Melbourne vice-captain, Max Gawn.

Collingwood AFLW star and former Collingwood netballer, Sharni Layton , will join the show to look at Collingwood’s chances in this year’s Suncorp Super Netball season.

Kid and the Coach returns, and this time Brisbane coach Chris Fagan answers the hard questions.

On Crawf Talk , Shane Crawford is at the MCG with Melbourne and Richmond supporters after their clash on the eve of ANZAC Day.

Plus, it’s a hectic week of football, and Matthew Lloyd and Nathan Brown will analyse the first two matches of the round and look ahead to another huge weekend.

Surely it can beat Home & Away in Melbourne?

Nine has denied rumours it would axe the show after yet another ratings disaster last week.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/television/nine-denies-the-footy-show-axing-rumours/news-story/1e2cf4baf8034944c2a42871cde6033b