The Footy Show (AFL)

Nine are trying to sign Foxtel’s Neroli Meadows to co-host the new Footy Show with Lehmo.

Neroli Meadows also did a year with Lehmo on Before the Game.

Neroli a huge get if they can get her to Nine as she has been a real presence on Fox Sports/Fox Footy including Fox Sports News and Fox Cricket over summer. I imagine she would have to leave Fox completely if she took the gig, although Eddie has managed to keep his Fox Footy commitments.

I think Nine are trying to negotiate a contract exemption which would allow her to do both. The Footy Show already cross promote Fox Footy’s coverage so it’s possible.

Just like Neroli was introduced as Fox Footy’s Neroli Meadows on Before the Game.

It’ll be a crazy career move for her to take up the gig if it means she has to leave Fox. I say this because I highly doubt this latest reincarnation of The Footy Show will be successful

Shane Crawford will return to the Footy Show as a semi-regular according to the Sunday Herald Sun.

Confirmed: https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/the-score/the-score-fox-footys-neroli-meadows-has-signed-on-to-cohost-the-revamped-footy-show/news-story/c2d6672f00aef8d053cd6e2e68ca4733
And like Eddie McGuire, Neroli will appear on both Nine and Fox Footy.

From not doing testing to ensure the new team has chemistry to inadequate promotion, Nine are repeating the same mistakes they made with Today’s relaunch all over again…

Well Lehmo and Neroli did work together for several years on Before The Game… Not sure how Crawford and Fevola will fit into the mix though

Article on Nine’s WWOS website summarising the changes and previewing Wednesday night’s show

The Australian says that Nine quietly called the media last Thursday on the new line-up, but Fox executives got wind of that and were not happy. High level talks between Nine and Fox Sports followed before a compromise was struck on Friday. Neroli will be introduced as “Fox Footy’s Neroli Meadows” while Fox Footy logo will appear during the show.

How ridiculous if 9 has indeed agreed to this.

That’s how she was introduced on Before The Game as well.

Why would Fox allow contracted on air talent appear on a rival network?

Because the show will cross promote the Fox Footy coverage.

Meadows has appeared on HYBPA a few times.

Social Media accounts have been updated with these. The shows new logo I presume
54217293_2457336124285071_8959250922748248064_n

Ugly font for “The Footy Show” on the logo. Would much rather they use the “It’s back!” font for the logo.

That looks awful.

Very ordinary logo by the looks of that.