The Footy Show (AFL)

But that’s just it, The Front Bar won’t be head-to-head. Footy Show’s problem is that people are choosing Front Bar over it, in droves.

It will be interesting to see if any ex-FS viewers return over coming weeks though.

The local Ukrainian community has lodged a complaint to Nine about Shane Crawford’s comedy routine on last night’s episode in which he dressed in Cossack attire.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/confidential/ukrainian-leaders-complain-about-shane-crawfords-russian-routine-on-the-footy-show/news-story/3607bfa80518c35e049a0311e10637e8

1 Like

Makes me think of 90s James Bond “Goldeneye” where this was a theme

1 Like

:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes:

Not Long til Rebecca Maddern returns to host with Eddie and Sam.

Rebecca Maddern said in an interview in today’s Herald Sun that there’s no return date set for her return to the program as yet

1 Like

The show runs a lot better without her, maybe they could reduce her role to occasional guest…

2 Likes

Really? I couldn’t stand the show without her.

1 Like

or even better… move back to 7 News to do weekends?

2 Likes

Now that’s an excellent idea.

2 Likes

Tony Jones will be filling in for Eddie this week.

3 Likes

I’m assuming this is the Nine Melbourne sports presenter and Sunday Footy Show host Tony Jones and not the ABC panel discussion show Q and A host Tony Jones?

2 Likes

Is the State of Origin Post Match Presentation gonna be on 9now or 9GEM during The Footy Show for Victoria, South Australia and Tasmania?

I have a look at the TV Guides and noticed that the POst Match Presentation will not air in Tasmania, Victoria and South Australia on 9/9Gem. 9 will have AFL Footy Show straight after the Origin Match, 9Gem will have a movie that will continue during 10pm timeslot. You can watch the Post Match Presentation as catch-up on 9Now app.

Being a dead rubber, not many would be interested in watching would they?

At Least The AFL Footy Show could show 90 Seconds of New South Wales Holding the Trophy Afloat Halfway during Wednesday’s Show?

[Content Removed]

Doubt it… post match should’ve been on Gem

2 Likes

So I’ve watched ten minutes of this, and I think that’s enough to give a thorough analysis.

Tony Jones would probably make a decent host with a bit of practice, with the bonus side-effects of keeping him away from the newsdesk (and hopefully 3AW, much to the delight of some members here :wink:).

Sam Newman has the delivery of a racist uncle reading out Facebook comments off an iPad, which suits his random political interjections. Possible pick up for Sky News?

The others do nothing for me, but while it’s never going to be a polished production - it would probably take the eventual heat death of the universe before that happens - it could do with a host who can make it flow a bit better. Granted, Eddie isn’t on tonight, but somehow I don’t think it’d make a difference.

Yes, it’s an AFL program, unlikely to mention Origin at all.

1 Like