Australian Ninja Warrior

Season 2 finished recording months ago.

2 Likes

That explains the late night filming sessions. Seems to me it was still too noisy even though it was filmed on an island in the middle of the night.

2 Likes

Huh? Why does it explain late night? It wasn’t late night anyway.

I don’t blame whoever is complaining about the noise. With all of the thunder and lightning that is in the promos, it must’ve been quite loud in the area while the show was filmed.

The late night filming sessions are exactly the problem, if they were doing it during the day then people wouldn’t be a few hundred metres away trying to sleep in their $10m waterfront houses.

3 Likes

In the same interview, Bec revealed she had to return to work when her daughter was three weeks old, to do voiceovers for the new season of Ninja Warrior.

2 Likes

Australian Ninja Warrior returns with three sponsors

Nine has announced three major sponsors for the return of the biggest show on television with a whole new season of the adrenaline-charged, action-packed Australian Ninja Warrior.

The second season of Australian Ninja Warrior will see major brands KFC and Berocca returning to harness the power of the worldwide Ninja Warrior phenomenon, while new sponsors include Mazda.

“Australian Ninja Warrior was the breakout television hit of 2017 and it will once again be a powerhouse franchise for Nine in 2018,” said Michael Stephenson, Chief Sales Officer at Nine.

“We are thrilled that not only are KFC and Berocca returning, we now have the likes of Mazda all wanting to be part of what has become a television sensation here and around the world.”

As part of their sponsorship KFC will have on-ground branding over the course, in particular the Ninja Support Crew area on Ninja Island.

Berocca will also have on-ground branding as well as an integrated consumer promotion, and for a second year will have ownership of the “performance of the night” replay in the show and online. Mazda is the other sponsor to take out on-ground branding and will also have Ninjas featuring in integrated TVCs specifically made for the show.

All sponsors have key spots around the show. This year Australian Ninja Warrior also has key local sponsorships, with the University of Adelaide sponsoring in Adelaide and Alinta Energy sponsoring in Perth and Brisbane.

This year Australian Ninja Warrior will see 300 ordinary mums and dads, doctors, tradies, athletes and celebrities competing in the quest for one goal: to claim the crown of Australia’s first Ninja Warrior.

The show features a diverse range of competitors who will line up to take their shot at the most difficult obstacle course in the world, with Rebecca Maddern, Ben Fordham and Freddie Flintoff calling their every move on Ninja Island.

The second season of Australian Ninja Warrior debuts this Sunday, July 8, at 7.00pm on Nine and 9Now.

I don’t watch ANW but I happened to catch the final contestant and, wow, the flip she did after running up the ramp (or whatever they call it) was unbelievable! Amazing stuff.

3 Likes

When was this season filmed? They seem to be implying that it was filmed recently but wasn’t it filmed early this year, while Bec was still pregnant?

It was filmed in December last year.

So 12 evenings should equal 12 episodes, consisting of six heats, four semi finals and two part grand final. Given Nine is showing three episodes this week and next week, this season should run for 4-5 weeks.

1 Like

Out of interest, do we know if this is an expensive show to produce?

Of course it is. It’s huge!

3 Likes

Cronulla NRL captain Paul Gallen was on Macquarie Sports Radio Sydney this morning to talk about his run in the heats.
https://www.sportsradio.com.au/paul-gallen-takes-on-ninja-warrior/

1 Like
4 Likes

BObby Taylor at Ninja warrior

I’ve never seen a Big sunday 7:00 On promos

If Nine’s promos are to be believed on Sunday’s Ninja Warrior

Then, you won’t believe…

Nine seem to be going all out to boost numbers, and fair enough, but has anyone else’s BS detector gone off? At the end of the show, the question will be, “what was the controversy?”.

7 Likes

All realities do it. All networks do it. I don’t believe any of the BS now and by all figures for all reality shows neither do the viewers.

3 Likes

My bet is someone trips over, breaks a fingernail and can’t continue.

2 Likes