The Dog House Australia

Will Sammy, Martin And Dewy Find Their Fur-ever Home?

The Dog House Australia Returns. Thursday, 14 July At 7.30pm On 10 And 10 Play.

Feel-good TV is back with all new episodes of The Dog House Australia, returning Thursday, 14 July at 7.30pm on 10.

This week the dedicated staff at the AWLNSW are looking to match shy boy Sammy, cheeky Martin and furball Dewy with their paw-fect new home.

Housemates, best friends, and mother and son, Annette and Alex come to the AWL to find a furry friend to help distract Alex from his severe chronic pain. Four-year-old Sammy, a jack russell with the wiggliest butt and the sweetest temperament could be the perfect addition to their family. But when Sammy is overcome with timidity in the meeting pen, Annette and Alex are not so sure.

No one at the AWL can mention Martin the staffy without tearing up. Such a loving, happy, healthy pup; it is hard to believe he came to the shelter as one of the worst neglect cases the team has ever seen. The matchmakers agree such a special boy deserves a special home. So, when a couple named Sue and Martin, with their own experiences of trauma arrive at AWL, it feels almost like fate.

Recently retired dad Teddy is finding the retirement lifestyle lonely and is looking for a fluffy cuddle bug to pass the long days with. The matchmakers think that Dewy, the Tibetan spaniel could be the answer, but despite his soft appearance, Dewy can have a prickly attitude. Will Teddy be able to charm this standoffish fluffball?

1 Like

It seems that Thursday 7.30pm will be the new regular timeslot for season 2 of The Dog House Australia, apart from July 28 which is the date of Neighbours series finale.

1 Like

Will Shy Puppy Lane Find Puppy Love?

Thursday, 21 July At 7.30pm On 10 And 10 Play.

After a tough few years Amy and Kunal hope getting a dog will help their little boy Arnav, a super caring and loving 8-year-old, get his spark back. The family arrive at the AWL hopeful that the matchmakers can pair them with the paw-fect pooch for their home. They meet little Lane, a 3-month-old dachshund cross puppy, and while it’s love at first sight for Arnav, his parents are less sure…as first-time dog-owners, is a puppy the right match for them?

Will loveable Lane win the family over and find her fur-ever home? Catch all new episodes of The Dog House Australia, Thursday, 21 July at 7.30pm on 10 and 10 Play?

Joining Lane in their quest for unconditional love and a paw-some new home is fluffy angel Aspen, the sassy Japanese Spitz, and Australian terrier mix Caroline, a high energy scruffball with a heart of gold.

Narrated by Dr. Chris Brown, click below to see a sneak peek at Thursday’s heart-warming new episode of The Dog House Australia .

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Will Pooches Kirk, Digger And Katara Get Their Second Chance?

The Dog House Australia. Thursday, 4 August At 7.30pm On 10 And 10 Play.

The passionate team of matchmakers at the AWLNSW are dedicated to finding a fur-ever home for each of their shelter doggos, and this week on The Dog House Australia, Kirk, Digger and Katara are looking for their paw-fect new family.

This week on The Dog House Australia, young mum Emily arrives at the AWL with her 6-year-old son Jacob, in the hopes that adding a fur friend to their close-knit family of two will provide a calming influence to Jacob, who is Neurodiverse. But is Jacob’s excitement too much for chilled out pug Kirk?

Joining Kirk in their search for their happily ever after is Jack Russell mix Digger, who is hoping to charm his way into a bustling family of six, and Great Dane Katara, who must win over the Ryan family and become a canine buddy for their lonely fur child Emily, the Pointer.

Catch all new episodes of The Dog House Australia, Thursday, 4 August at 7.30pm on 10 and 10 Play.

A 90-minute Celebrity episode of Dog House Australia is scheduled for 18 August.

Local celebrities trying to adopt a dog from the AWL?

Must the viewers really be subjected to a celebrity variation of pretty much every show that is on TV?

In this country yes.

Seems like a worthwhile cause (AWL) that could benefit.

1 Like

So the dog from neighbours would be a celebrity?

1 Like

Dog?

Famous dogs getting adopted? Like the dog from Red Dog the film? Bouncer’s offspring from Neighbours? Bluey?

Jokes aside - I hope that it’s just a once off. Some of us may remember Celebrity Dog School back from 2007? Also on Channel 10, it was hosted by Larry Emdur. it lasted just three episodes, it went on “a hiatus” and it never returned.

I dont mind some celebrity shows (aka DWTS; I’m A Celebrity Get e Out Of Here), but some are just suited as once offs - like Dog House and Gogglebox. A special here and there is more than enough.

1 Like

I hope Sarah Harris is one of the celebs

Synopsis for the celebrity edition next Thursday

What do comedy icon Denise Scott, Australian Survivor champion Mark Wales and his Survivor wife Sam, and tennis legend Mark Philippoussis have in common? They’re all looking for the perfect pooch.

Celebrities Looking For Doggy Love.

The Dog House Australia Celebrity Special. Thursday, 18 August At 7.30pm On 10 And 10 Play.

Even celebrities need a furry companion to fill their home with love and joy.

This week on The Dog House Australia Celebrity Special, Australian comedy icon Denise Scott, Australian Survivor champion Mark Wales and his wife and fellow castaway Sam, MAFS and I’m a Celebrity… Get Me Out Of Here! star Ryan Gallagher and tennis legend Mark Philippoussis, all enlist the help of the AWL matchmakers to find their perfect pooch.

Putting their best paw forward to meet their chosen celebrity humans are loveable shelter pups: Lambkins, the Maltese cross and wirehaired Jack Russell mix, Yoga; 3-month-old Dachshund mix, Sookie; 10-year-old Kelpie cross, Milo and 13-week-old mix breed puppy, Davy.

Will bonded pair Lambkins and Yoga be just too much dog for Denise and her partner John? Will mature lady Milo, fall for Ryan’s charm? Do Australian Survivor stars Mark and Sam, and their young son Harry, know what they are getting themselves in for with a young puppy? And is energetic Davy’s unknown breed going to be her downfall with the Philippoussis family?

Narrated by Dr. Chris Brown, catch The Dog House Australia Celebrity Special, Thursday, 18 August at 7.30pm on 10 and 10 Play.

So the 4 celebrities are:

Denise Scott - comedian
Mark Philippoussis - tennis player
Mark Wales - reality star (Survivor winner)
Ryan Gallagher - reality star (Married at First Sight + Im a Celebrity, get me our of here)

Apart from Ryan, a good list of celebrities. If they do 2 max of a celebrity version a season of this, then id be happy. Any more, and then they are milking it and will dillute the celebrity genre.

1 Like

I think Denise Scott is doing a lot of the heavy lifting around “celebrity”. Philippoussis to a lesser extent. The other two stretching the premise a lot.

1 Like

So frustrating when reality show contestants are considered “celebrities”. I havent watchdd the shiw in a while but was curious to have snother look. I had to fast forward through the bogan MAFS contestant’s scenes after his intro.