The Dog House Australia

Renewed already

3 Likes

Episode 3
Tuesday 26 October at 7:30pm

Are happy new couple Tim and Fiona the right fit for the ‘cloud on legs’ Frosty? She’s a plucky Pomeranian but, at 11, isn’t getting any younger. And will kelpie Schnitzel find love this time around?

Casting for the next season.

https://www.thedoghouseaustraliacasting.com.au/home

Network 10 is seeking families and individuals from all different backgrounds who would like to adopt a rescue dog.

1 Like
2 Likes

Season 1 premieres on TVNZ2 in New Zealand next Wednesday (February 16) at 7.30pm.

1 Like

The Dog House Australia. Season Two

Premieres Tuesday, 8 March At 7.30pm On 10 And 10 Play On Demand.**

Are you ready to fall head over paws in love, all over again?

The paws -itively, pup -tastic series, The Dog House Australia returns for a second season of heart-warming goodness, from Tuesday, 8 March at 7.30pm on 10 and 10 Play on Demand.

Abandoned, surrendered or homeless? It’s now time for a second chance at love for these hopeful pups, as the dedicated matchmakers at the Animal Welfare League NSW work tirelessly to match lonely shelter pooches with their fur -ever homes.

Narrated by Dr Chris Brown, will these doggies’ dreams of finding their two-legged soulmate, come true in The Dog House Australia ?

1 Like

The first season held up relatively well against the latter stage of The Block. But Married at First Sight is a totally different beast.

But it’s basically MAFS for dogs

Only the dogs are better behaved.

3 Likes

I also thought that the show tries to get pairings that will work.

So they’ll replace Survivor but not Ambulance Australia. I guess they can only plug so many leaky holes at once.

It aired last year against weaker competition and weeks of promos and was sort of a novelty. It may pick up viewers due to it being more family friendly and 7 tanking, but the show is so repetitive (I feel like I’ve watched the show through one 30 second promo), even more so than other reality. It probably would have been better suited to Winter.

I can’t see it trouncing Survivor either. It will probably do the same ratings maybe a slim chance a bit higher initially but the last season only aired just before Christmas so is the demand there for new episodes. I don’t think so and it will be yet again 10 flogging something to death.

1 Like

Is this a repeat?

New season starts next week.

Oh. So what was the whole big week promo about then?

1 Like

They didn’t even mention it here

The Project / New NCIS being tonight’s good stuff apparently.

1 Like

With MasterChef Australia season 14 starting on April 18, does it mean the upcoming season of The Dog House Australia will have a short run, or will it have the same number of episodes as last season (ten) but split in half?

10 will upload the first four episodes of season 2 to its YouTube channel to attract more viewers. Each week, a new episode will be uploaded on Fridays at 9am AEDT, starting with episode 1 on March 11.

Knowing 10 they’ll probably shunt it to 8.30 Tuesdays instead. If they are unable to keep the show running consistently in the same slot all the way through then why bother? Should’ve saved it for later in the year.

But the Dog House is a family show so 8.30pm is too late for some young viewers.

That’s 6 weeks of eps so I would say 6 eps from last season with filming time (they have to show the update) is feasible.

Ok is it just my EPG or has this happened to anyone else?

I recorded the show when it first aired and the end cut off so I set the recorder up for the repeat and it cut out before the end again!