The Daily Edition

Friday 28 June -

Jessica Ridley co-hosting with Ryan today.

3 Likes

Thanks for that. Appalling ratings.

Surely this show can’t be making money off those ratings? Have the informercial companies been duped into paying too much for airtime on these shows?

is she ever hosting though?

Is this Obermeder hosting this past week?

1 Like

It’s still higher than many daytime shows and costs next to nothing to produce. I guess the sales of their products gives them an indication of whether advertising on these shows works or not.

2 Likes

Friday 5 July -

Larry Emdur co-hosting with Sally

5 Likes

And Angie Asimus is presenting news updates.

4 Likes

Monday 8 July -

Angie Asimus is co-hosting with Ryan.

Tuesday 9 July -

Jessica Ridley is co-hosting with Ryan.

4 Likes

Could this explain why she wasn’t on Sunrise this morning? Amber Laidler held the fort in Sydney.

1 Like

Just maybe Amber and her are sharing the role on Sunrise nowadays.
I do remember on more than one occasion when Samantha Brett has filled in on TDE she has also worked on Sunrise in the morning, but obviously that’s not the case with Jess today.
Anyway must say Jess’s bubbly personality and hosting skills are perfect for this show.

2 Likes

Normally in Sydney Jessica Ridley and Samantha Brett share the role, with Amber Laidler called up if neither are available (previously it used to be Mylee Hogan). It’s Ridley on Mondays-Wednesdays and Brett on Thursdays and Fridays. On occasion, one of the two will also appear on Weekend Sunrise.

Strongly agree. She lights up the show, with no disrespect to Sally Obermeder intended.

2 Likes

Tuesday 9 July to Thursday 11 July -

Jessica Ridley is co-hosting with Ryan.

3 Likes

Friday 12 July -

Angie Asimus is co-hosting with Ryan.

3 Likes

Do you think this show could work if it was extended 12:00pm to 3:00pm?

4 Likes

Viewers want the daytime movie.

4 Likes

Hell no. That would mean 10 straight hours of production from Martin Place.

From 5:00am-7:00pm in the Sydney market, 12 out of 14 hours would be production from Martin Place (the two hours out are one hour each of The Chase UK and The Chase Australia).

4 Likes

Interesting. Our resident expert on the daily talk shows never posts about the Seven midday movie, and our resident expert on movies on free-to-air television also never posts about the Seven midday movie.

8 Likes

The Midday Movie probably meant something as a Channel Seven tradition when the timeslot was filled with crusty old B&W films introduced by presenters like John Hanrahan (Is he still around?), Stuart Wagstaff and Ivan Hutchinson (RIP to both).

These days? I think most people don’t really care what’s on TV between midday and 2/3pm just as long as it isn’t infomercials.

2 Likes

The audience will shed if you replace the midday movie. Why do you want to extend TDE, BTW? TMS already goes for 2.5 hours.

I just wondered if anyone would watch it for three hours. A few minutes is annoying enough for me.

1 Like