The Daily Edition

I can’t design for shit. Good to know that I could still have a career opportunity at Channel 7

5 Likes

The set is now at the other end of the studio in the corner window. No idea why, I would have thought the performance area made more sense in terms of the transition to Afternoon News.

2 Likes

The set is a huge improvement. The colours are FAR better than before however, the logo is horrendous.

1 Like

Expect the entire studio to look even more dented and scratched with the bumping and moving about.

4 Likes

Would that be where Seven News Sydney was (temporarily) filmed when the move into Martin Place occurred in 2004?

What I mean by that, is this -

4 Likes

Yes. Basically this, via @TV.Cynic :

is positioned here:

6 Likes

I think this might be the first time I completely agree with you. :open_mouth: I think the set looks great in blue and yellow.

The logo needs to be fixed. The glossy bits are so horrible and so is black on yellow. :face_vomiting:

They should go for white on the darkest shade of yellow that they’ve used in this straps and no gloss.

4 Likes

Nice set, garbage logo.

The blue / yellow gives off Ten vibes of old mind you.

2 Likes

Glad that there are set changes to the show. Which means the show is staying put for at least until the end of the year? Advertorials still are paying for the show.

Will Tom Williams make a guest appearance any time soon? :smiley:

Should just use the window and desk

5 Likes

The set looks pretty decent.

Logo is hideous.

Would be good id the advertorials sets matched the main set and look - so jarring and diff.

4 Likes

Or have the frames with heavily frosted glass to capture the movement outside without it being obvious that it’s Martin Place.

1 Like

They are now using the Sunrise screen for standing presentation, didn’t actually look too bad if you ask me.

2 Likes

Sorry about the awful quality, but some wider shots showing some more of the studio.

6 Likes

Looks very disjointed.

Not a fan of this look. Bit of an overkill on the yellow blended with wooden floors?

2 Likes

Caps from Monday, including standing presentation:

4 Likes

Does anyone else see the connection between this set and the set used for The Morning Show in Morning Wars, particularly with the blue and yellow.

4 Likes

Seven are obviously trying to make this show work, but I don’t think there is the need for a morning show at 2:00pm in the afternoon.

They aren’t cost cutting in the right places.

4 Likes

They’d want a third hour of The Chase if they could afford it. Not sure what else is in the syndie market that might be a good, cheap import.