The Cube

Is 10 going to remove the slo-mo’s? I didn’t find out on tv tonight

1 Like

Watch on Wednesday and find out like the rest of us.

2 Likes

The slow-mos form a bit part of the UK version but they are naff.

1 Like

A bit part or big part?

1 Like

Big. As in, it’s pretty big of someone who thought the phrase was “tow the line” a few months ago to appoint himself as the board’s spelling sheriff today.

3 Likes

You’re the one that said bit part.

It was a legit question. Unlike you’re smartarse answer.

1 Like

Similar to your smartarse correcting of another staff member earlier today via DM.

Anyway, big part. The UK version sucks though so I hope they haven’t taken too much of a steer from that version.

3 Likes

That was not smartarse either. There is no such word as casted. The word is cast in present or past tense. It galls to see that mistake continuously made. I’m trying to help. I was being helpful by DM.

Sure some of us can get carried away and need to be put into line sometimes but neither of these responses were smartarse.

I’d expect better from a Mod.

2 Likes

Andy was so good (cool, calm, collected yet the right amount of humour) on Nine’s Guess Whom during the tennis very recently too.

Will do :blush:

Tighter edit for episode 2 tonight. The slo mo plays were slightly faster and shorter.

1 Like

Do we know when the series was filmed? Pre-COVID?

Filming began in January.

3 Likes

I’m really enjoying the cube. It’s a pity it isn’t rating too well. I really think it has potential but I really think 10 should consider airing this on Thursdays. And if they can commission more episodes can move it to 8:30 when Gogglebox finishes.

2 Likes

I noticed the second episode had completely different contestants in it than who were shown in the promo at the end of episode 1 (it had these two loud girls in pink that were not in episode 2 at all). They must have switched the episodes up to put on early a team that does well to try and boost ratings. The grandma/grandson look like they will go pretty far.

4 Likes

Cold opening to the third episode tonight, no welcome back from Andy to viewers etc.

1 Like

and the commercials are such crap! They made out the $10,000 round was for $250k

1 Like

That’s normal. It’s called a teaser.

1 Like

I was a bit surprised the grandma and grandson decided to take the $50,000 even though they still had five “lives” and one lifeline available for the final two challenges.

1 Like