The Cube

I really hope this does well for Ten just so it demonstrates to network programmers viewers are happy to watch a once a week format that isn’t bloated. It is on Ten so my hopes aren’t high, however.

6 Likes

A preview article in The Age Green Guide today.

1 Like

I hope it does too. I just don’t understand why it was put against Hard quiz

1 Like

Ten sent promotional cubes to journalists.

2 Likes

Smash cakes that looked like cubes too.

2 Likes

the slow mo is already doing my head in

1 Like

There are too many slow mo plays, but I like the lack of commentary during each task.

Andy Lee is really talentless and uncharismatic as a host.

I personally think he’s doing fairly well.

2 Likes

Just watching the show - overall doesn’t seem bad. Kudos to Ten for trying it out. Andy Lee is a fine fit for this particular show. Only thing is that it does feel “dragged out” - the same view that the TV Tonight article shared.

2 Likes

Thought I’d sample a few minutes before switching over to Hard Quiz and ended up staying for the duration. Nice to have a host that is understated and not putting on an OTT performance. Production is head and shoulders above the HM crap Seven churned out. One hour once a week is quite enough. Nice to see some programming restraint. Hope it attracts respectable ratings for Ten and they get a few seasons out of it.

6 Likes

Agree on all points there.

The host is good without being a dickhead. Imagine Denyer on this

1 Like

The show was OK. I didn’t love it but I also didn’t mind it. I felt the same with Andy - not a great host but not the worst either. It was at least good it was someone different.

I still think going up against hard quiz was a really stupid move.

1 Like

Thursday before Gogglebox would be better for The Cube.

6 Likes

From the TV Tonight newsletter:

Whispers are The Cube will tighten up it’s second episode as a result of audience feedback on pacing

If true, it’s good to see a network taking this kind of feedback on board to ensure the best possible chance of success for a show.

4 Likes

Agreed. Seven should’ve taken this approach with Holey Moley as well when they realised that viewer fatigue has completely turned viewers off.

Glad to see 10 working with the viewers and their feedback.

1 Like

I have just caught up online. I really like it. However, the slow motions are a little annoying