The Coronation of The King and The Queen Consort media coverage

I voted Nine, but with the caveat that if you are in NSW, QLD or NT, you have 9Gem in HD.

1 Like

Nine have recently added a start time to promos

3 Likes

Forgive me while I barf at the sight of King Charles and will not watch this trash. Reality trash at its finest.

Sky News Australia is taking Sky News UK coverage

2 Likes

That makes sense… there’s no point putting local talking heads on the coverage just for the sake of it.

1 Like

Yeah seems silly. Peter Stefanovic (live from Buckingham Palace) will preview it then pretty much running all night on both Foxtel and Regional versions with a 2 hour encore at 12pm the next day.

1 Like

Regardless of whether you like or hate Charles, I wouldn’t agree with the idea that a millennium-long tradition of crowning a monarch being shown on television for only the second time is equivalent with shows such as MAFS, Love Island, and Big Brother (shows which I believe fit the bill of “reality trash”).

9 Likes

It’s world news whether you like it or not. No one is forcing you to watch it. But there’s no denying it’s a historic news event by any definition.

6 Likes

Although the Royal Family has had more scandals than all those shows put together.

1 Like
1 Like

Quite a detailed release from ABC there.

1 Like

And they are real scandals, not fake made for TV ones!

2 Likes

A gut feel says this’ll achieve the lowest royal ratings we’ve seen in modern times, even if not by much, just don’t think there’s been as much public vibe nor lead-up coverage, also with a lot of other major stuff going on (from a national to market level) such as Jock Zonfrillo’s tragic passing, new AFL CEO/Tasmania funding and new team licence, etc

And the two biggest markets seeing their coverage bumped to a m/c in Nine Sydney and Seven Melbourne due to sport commitments, which will see much lower ratings (should easily be 5 figures) and thus impact the five city and national ratings, as well as sport drawing away viewers in general and also could see ABC in with a real shot over Seven at claiming this for once. I will reiterate, the fact Seven have moved AFL in Adelaide for royals but not Melbourne, hints at what they’re forecasting or unless it’s deeply strategic as to not have AFL completely bomb with wholly national m/c play-out (but Olympics etc rings a bell with AFL’s understanding/permission) and not sure where NRL sit with this - who usually never have FTA Saturdays anyway.

1 Like

Sky News UK Coronation graphics

1 Like

More details on the ABC’s TV coverage including guests

1 Like
4 Likes

Showing 7’s pictures.

1 Like

Weekend Sunrise now scheduled for 6am start in all markets.

2 Likes

The Coronation.

10 News First Special Presentation, Live On Saturday, 6 May From 4.30pm AEST On 10 And 10 Play.

For the first time in 70 years, the world will bear witness to the Coronation of a new British monarch when His Majesty King Charles III will be crowned alongside Her Majesty The Queen Consort on Saturday, 6 May.

Watched by millions across the globe, Their Majesties The King and The Queen Consort will depart Buckingham Palace and arrive in procession, known as ‘The King’s Procession’, at Westminster Abbey. There, the Archbishop of Canterbury will conduct the historic Coronation of His Majesty The King and Her Majesty The Queen Consort.

After the Service, Their Majesties, joined by other Members of the Royal Family, will return to Buckingham Palace in ‘The Coronation Procession’. To conclude the day’s ceremonial events, Their Majesties will appear on the balcony of Buckingham Palace accompanied by Members of the Royal Family.

In a 10 News First special presentation, 10’s National Affairs Editor, Hugh Riminton, will be on the ground in London to host the historic royal ceremonial broadcast from the BBC, live from 4.30pm AEST on 10 and 10 Play.

Joining Hugh in London will be 10’s UK Correspondent Johnpaul Gonzo covering all the latest stories and breaking news as the Commonwealth celebrates the Coronation of a new sovereign.

10 News First evening line up:

Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane:

4:30pm: The Coronation on 10 and 10 Peach

5:00pm: 10 News First bulletin on 10 (switch over to 10 Peach to continue to watch The Coronation)

6:00pm: The Coronation continues on 10.

Adelaide:

4:00pm: The Coronation on 10 and 10 Peach

5:00pm: 10 News First bulletin on 10 (switch over to 10 Peach to continue to watch The Coronation)

6:00pm AEST: The Coronation continues on 10.

Perth:

2:30pm: The Coronation on 10 and 10 Peach

6:00pm: The Coronation continues on 10.

The Coronation coverage will be simulcast live on 10 Play.

1 Like