The Chase Australia

I am referring to May 2nd episode of the chase One of the contestants said she became familiar with culinary terms by watching master chef .Andrew O;keefe in his follow up comment said that she learnt her culinary vocabulary by watching MKR this is cheap promotion and unworthy of Andrew. If he did not want to mention master chef he could hav easily said that she learnt her culinary terms by watching cooking shows,This was very demeaning for a host.

Im sure it was meant as a joke

4 Likes

Interesting (yet unsurprising) revelation from AOK:

Do the chases get payed more if they win

No.

3 Likes

Exchanges like this make me love this site and forget about crippling depression.

Must be AssessmentTime in TheHubLand.

4 essays, 1 test & 1 stop motion video all due in 3 weeks kill me now

They are really going overboard with The Chase and Hell’s Kitchen cross-promotions with the Supernerd being the chaser on the show for 2 nights in a row; not sure when the last time was the same chaser was on 2 nights in a row and he could possibly be on for more to completely overdo the cross-promotion. Personally, I like seeing each of the 5 chasers throughout the week, one each night as Seven has been doing for the last several months but lately they’ve been doubling up, having some chasers appear twice, particularly the Supernerd for Helll’s Kitchen cross-promotion so we wouldn’t see one of the chasers on that particular week as a result.

I wish they’d stop showing who the chaser is in the promos. Part of the excitement is the surprise of who it is.

7 Likes

What happened with the final chase tonight? Only one guy was answering the questions, so I assumed everyone got out, but thr amount thry were playing for was $5000. Don’t they usually only get $4000 in that scenario?

The Chaser designates an amount in the Australian version.

2 Likes

On several of the past few days, I’ve noticed that Seven have not been advertising each individual episode of The Chase like they normally do. For example, they did not advertise Tuesday’s episode of The Chase at all, rather after Monday’s episode, they only advertised Wednesday’s episode and they did not advertise today’s episode; it appears that it may be Monday’s episode they are running promos for currently so I’m not sure why Seven have suddenly decided to do this…

Sorry for the multiple posts here but according to the EPG, Melbourne is going to show a half hour edition of The Chase Australia tonight after their VFL coverage. Why might they have done this?

Sunday Herald Sun reports Shaun Wallace from the UK version will have a guest stint on The Chase Australia in 2018. He is a criminal barrister and is known as the Dark Destroyer on the show.

8 Likes

Would’ve preferred Paul Sinha, but Shaun is still good.

1 Like

That’s great news!! I think a fresh face on The Chase Australia will be really good to see next year

3 Likes

Good news for contestants. He has a lower win percentage compared to the other chasers on the UK show.

6 Likes

There’s a 2018 promo for the Chase doing the rounds - just caught the end of it during the news.

Edit: Saw it again. Basically says ‘the destroyer is coming’

3 Likes

Seven social media confirmed it.

1 Like