The Chase Australia

Here he is.

4 Likes

What I’d like to know is why The Chase Australia is not allowing Shaun Wallace to be called by his true UK Chase nickname of ‘The Dark Destroyer’ on our version of the show. Please to god don’t tell me it’s got something to do with a race issue or something because of the sad world we live in today where just about anything that is slightly racist could offend someone. He should still be called the Dark Destroyer in my opinion. Just The Destroyer doesn’t sound right to me when he’s always been known as The Dark Destroyer.

6 Likes

Does it really matter?

8 Likes

You’re going to want to sit down for this one.

3 Likes

Indeed, how horrific that in this day and age we should spare a moment to consider the impact that our words and actions might have on other people.

6 Likes

I prefer no racism to ‘slight’ racism.

5 Likes

It will!
I was just hoping the fresh face would be a new host.

1 Like

Absolutely. I don’t like any form of racism either but I’m just making this remark because of how sensitive today’s society is and it’s hard to overlook that as being a reason that Seven have decided to alter his nickname, that’s all I’m saying. They brought this on themselves. If I am offending anyone then I do not mean to alright, that is not my intention at all. I just want to clear this up.

I think in this case it’s questionable because it’s a clear reference to his skin colour. That’s a step too far IMO.

If Seven were being hyper-PC then we wouldn’t have other names like “The Governess” (gender-specific), “Supernerd” (stereotyping) or “The Beast” (fat-shaming).

4 Likes

New quiz Britain’s Brightest Family hosed by “The Governess”

Quiz battle axe The Governess, aka Anne Hegerty, hosts a brand new quiz in which 16 brilliantly bright families take part in a knock out tournament as they attempt to win the holiday of a lifetime and the title of Britain’s Brightest Family.

https://www.itv.com/presscentre/ep1week2/britains-brightest-family-0

3 Likes

I saw the Australian version of The Chase over the Xmas holidays after having previously seen episodes of the UK and US versions.

I cannot describe accurately how horrible Andrew O’Keefe is as a host in general but especially compared to the other two versions. All his dumb hand movements and mannerisms, it makes it seem like he is needing the spotlight more than the contestants and chaser. I’m also positive I heard him say a name in an accent which basically gave away the answer.

It was brutal to watch.

6 Likes

Suited DOND perfectly but can’t stand him on TheChase.

4 Likes

Looking forward to seeing Shaun here.

1 Like

Fully agree with the comment section on Andrew.
I also can’t stand his loud fake laugh, that he seems to do at the most unnecessary times.

1 Like

On the first episode that The Destroyer appeared in tonight, he wasn’t listed in the line up of chasers and he surprised the contestants with his appearance as the chaser. Did this happen in The Beast’s first Australian Chase episode two years ago?

3 Likes

No

1 Like

Just saw a promo saying The Chase was Mon-Thurs 5.00.
What’s on Friday?

1 Like

Repeated episodes of The Chase Australia, probably.

1 Like

I think the Davis cup airs this Friday

3 Likes

The Destroyer again was not listed in the line up of chasers in tonight’s episode. How long until he does, do you think?