The Chase Australia

I reckon this’ll rate its socks off!

Similar to Family Feud’s celebrity specials in prime-time.

2 Likes

1 Like

Is The Chase in repeat mode at the moment? Just some strange questions like how many days in 2016. And I have a feeling I remember the episode.

Friday episodes have been repeats for a while now.

1 Like

Damo and Caz, and Bek and Ash played in tonight’s MKR special. They did so well in the first two rounds against The Governess and together earned $38,000 for the final chase. But the two teams faltered in that round even with the four step head start, giving Anne only 13 steps to chase and she did so comfortably in the end.

Why are they always putting repeats on Fridays?

1 Like

Because Seven assumes people are already in weekend mode at 5pm Fridays and are too friggin cheap to produce an extra hour of content each week for a slot that doesn’t attract as many viewers as the other weekdays.

5 Likes

Karen and Ros, and Courtney and Duncan are the next two teams to compete on this week’s MKR special.

Can’t they just schedule it to be in the normal time of 5pm. Last week’s ratings proved that these specials in primetime are anything but good enough to rate.

1 Like

Karen and Ros, and Courtney and Duncan competed against Issa last night. Courtney was caught by Issa in the cash builder round and missed out on the final chase. Issa struggled in the final chase, getting three questions wrong and conceding defeat when time ran out with four steps to go. The midwives and Duncan won $32,000 for the home viewer.

1 Like

Got home and watching a bit of the chase before I cook dinner. Instead of watching I did the math. This show must be one cheap show to produce. How much would they pay the Chasers. Realistically you could fly a Chaser out for a weeks work and easily film 20 episodes a week. That would keep them going for nearly half the year. So maximum time they would need to pay them for is approximately 3 weeks of work. Rarely is money given away and Andrew O’Keefe is on a network contract.

What happened to the day when money was actually given away on game shows. I think this is why shows like Millionaire, Chase and Family Feud have seen declines this year. Maybe up the money given away and viewers would tune in.

They film 3 episodes a day rather than 4, but generally you are right. A very cheap show to produce.

4 Likes

Hard to say at this time of year given they usually do better over the winter months when people are more likely to be inside the house at that time of the arvo.

Or it could just be that Millionaire and Feud are crap.

3 Likes

Not doubting that the other two are crap but I guess when you look at last years figures you notice that the figures are down. Family Feud got 550k last year, The Chase 620k and Hot Seat 580k that compares to 600k for The Chase, 440k for Family Feud and under 480k for Hot Seat. All are down.

The money is spent on the format and production rather than the prizes. It was quite a big shift in strategy from MDM which was a cheap format/production but with larger prizes and is evidence that prize money alone is not enough to draw viewers in and keep them hooked (IMO wuite the opposite, big figures are less relateable so you don’t get the same emotional connection).

What is the difference in ‘production’ between The Chase and Million Dollar Minute? What makes it so much more expensive? Obviously the Chasers but put that aside and there is nothing.

Looks like they are showing the rest of the MKR special episodes on Friday instead of repeats. Does anyone know how many were filmed? Today will be the third one shown.

I believe it was 4 but cannot 100% say

I watched the latest MKR special on Plus7 this morning and realised it was not yesterday’s episode. In the Plus7 episode, Brett & Marie and Caitie & Demi competed against the Supernerd. However according to Twitter, The Governess was the Chaser in yesterday’s broadcast up against Kelsey & Amanda and another team. So Seven must have swapped the episodes accidentally.

The Chase is an international format that for which they have to pay a license fee. As they would for a show like X Factor or The Voice. Where as MDM was, I believe, an original Seven Production and therefore no license fee.