The Chase Australia

I’m in Victoria so there is no reason why it should be a repeat…

Probably a repeat in markets where yesterday’s episode aired. Yesterday’s episode would be shown today in markets where it wasn’t shown yesterday.

Incorrect. We had no episode in Victoria yesterday. However a repeat today.

@TV.Cynic Which metro cities was The Chase number 1 in?

The only definites for the 5.30 slot are wins to The Chase in Melbourne and Adelaide

1 Like

And perth as well

A story in the print edition of The Daily Telegraph mentions Issa Schultz (AKA Supernerd) is headed to the UK to audition for a Chaser role on the original version of the show. Apparently they’re impressed by what they’ve seen of him on the Australian show. Can’t find a link to an online version of the article.

5 Likes

Here:
https://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=http://www.pressreader.com/australia/the-daily-telegraph-sydney/20170127/281998967175596&ved=0ahUKEwjS95HkqOLRAhVLipQKHQw4CroQFggcMAE&usg=AFQjCNGSc3EDhpKQWvnIot1AYtmJ-DSCdA&sig2=lFoqpKsnAwGfhEhe0HHsHw

###The Chase Australia: My Kitchen Rules Special

Thursday 16 February at 7:30 PM

In a delicious special episode, the Chaser will take on the stars from My Kitchen Rules. The culinary couples will pack up their pots and pans and work as one team to take down the Chaser.

7 Likes

If this rates well Seven may schedule more special episodes of The Chase during this year, similar to All Star Family Feud.

2 Likes

I would like to see a special episode with Seven News presenters from around the country.

4 Likes

Now that I would watch!

3 Likes

Possible that this could further overexpose the MKR brand that people are growing tired of. Looks like Seven picked the wrong year for this.

2 Likes

Wouldn’t surprise me. Seven aren’t very original with their concepts. This Celebrity Chase is clearly Family Feud inspired.

Didn’t they do a Sunrise version ages ago too? Celebrity versions of game shows are hardly a channel ten invention. Refer celebrity millionaire, temptation, deal or no deal, wheel of fortune…

4 Likes

Tue, but I wouldn’t call this a celebrity version, but more a franchise cross over. However, if there was a newsreader edition, that would have to be seen as Family Feud inspired.

Good thing the programmers don’t take tips from Tommy boy then eh

The sunrise version was a couple of segments on their show, not a full on special.

The Chase has been running celebrity specials in the UK for years, don’t think you could credit Grant Denyer for this one!

5 Likes

I’d expect more “specials”