The Chase Australia

They are persisting with airing repeats on Fridays… Surely they don’t need to still be doing that?

3 Likes

It is ridiculous but the Friday episodes were always the worst because Seven just dumped the episodes where the chaser dominated on Fridays. For some reason the repeats don’t rate that badly also so I can’t see it changing anytime soon.

Just saw a new promo for next week, which said a single contestant would beat a chaser and another contestant would accept a huge money offer from a chaser.

1 Like

I’m getting annoyed at these constant promos that keep on giving away and showing far too much information. What will be the point in watching the final chase of the episode next week in which the single contestant gets through when we already know the result.

5 Likes

Yesterdays final chase featuring The Shark was an absolute barn burner. He chased down 19 with half a second to spare. Easily the closest finish in the shows history.

2 Likes

Is the Governess still around, haven’t seen her for a while.

1 Like

From what I have seen Andrew reads the questions faster for the Chaser than the contestants ( sometimes for the whole two minutes or at least in the minute).

it may seem that way because the contestants “have to wait until their name is read out as their buzzer” to answer the question, while the Chaser can answer the question immediately. Hence why their is the head start for how many contestants are available.

1 Like

How exactly would you measure that? Average time taken to read a question? Number of questions read in two minutes? Perception?

2 Likes

Herald Sun reports that Mark has flown back from Britain to Melbourne to record more episodes while the Olympics are on. I think these episodes will be shown early 2017 if not at the end of this year. How far are the episodes filmed in advance?

Is the Governess still on?

The Chase turns one today! By my estimation, since the show’s debut it has beaten Hot Seat 90% of the time when the two shows went head to head, improving the ratings of Seven News in Sydney and Melbourne in the process.
This News Corp article has some interesting statistics comparing the two game shows.

1 Like

Are the Governess and the Beast still making appearances or have they been phased out in favour of the Aussie chasers.

Maybe they ran out of episodes with those two as they film the episodes involving them all at once I’m pretty sure.

1 Like

Ask @NewsKing to check his spreadsheet

Unfortunately had to abandon that in about June or July as I was headed overseas and no one would take note for me who was The Chaser each night. It takes too long sifting through each episode online two or three months later when I returned. I did that once earlier in the year, not again. But yes, for about the first six months I kept track.

RIP.xlsx :sleepy:

11 Likes

https://goo.gl/FN7KhG has an excellent spreadsheet of all Chase Australia episodes, including all sorts of statistics, enjoy!

3 Likes

Today’s episode of The Chase is a repeat. Do we know why that would be?

Whereabouts are you? Might be due to some cities catching up on yesterday’s episode which was canned at the last minute due to news coverage.