The Chase Australia

Could use plus7 for previous episodes :slight_smile:

and Facebook posts. But hey, asking people to do the legwork for you is always easier!

1 Like

Out of curiousity, what would the information be used for?

Training purposes most likely.

Training? For what?

1 Like

Just like when you call a call centre and your call will be recorded for training purposes. Nobody ever knows what training purposes they are.

O. K. So what profession would training involved knowing who all the Chasers have been and when for the past 3 months or however long?

Sorry it was a joke.

Anyway, people keep track of all sorts of stats and things the guy probably just wants to see what sort of success rate each of the Chasers has.

4 Likes

Haha crap. Sorry. Ok. I’ll just keep wondering lol.

Can’t help feeling like the questions for tonight being heavily geared towards Aus and NZ were done that way for a reason against The Beast.

The team won $79,000 tonight with thanks to one contestant choosing the top offer of $55,000 and winning.

Is it a new episode? It wasn’t shown in Victoria today due to live AFL. (The episode is marked as season 2 episode 18 on Plus7)

It was a repeat. Above is a post by NewsKing from February 14 about the same episode.

1 Like

The Chase beat Hot Seat in Brisbane yesterday. What? How? Such a big turn around. 7 News within striking distance of 9.

Thanks nationalnews for attempting to do this for me.

I am back now so will resume and attempt to fill in all the gaps.

1 Like

Really don’t get why they opted for $2000 a question and then such little gameplay when it comes to the offers, with the lower offer often around half of what was earned and the upper offer rarely double (note, this is based on earlier episodes now airing in the UK).

The UK model is so much better where there is an incentive to go high - usually at least a five fold increase, but often as much as ten. Similarly the low offer is costly and rarely more than £1000 (equivalent to one correct answer).

Would surely be better for the Aussie version to offer $1000 a correct answer and then keeping the higher offers where they are now at least offers a better contrast to sticking in the middle.

I’ve seen the high offers to be considerably higher than that of what was earnt.

I notice that Seven has put up short ads on TV here in Melbourne calling for more contestants.

What was the record high offer put forward by The Beast on Wednesday night’s edition?

Was Friday’s episode yet another repeat?

It was $60,000. The contestant earned $18,000 in his cash builder. He offered over $50,000 for two other contestants also.

1 Like

I notice this week from Monday was the start of series 3.